1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voltage Regulator

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Bullitt, Jan 3, 2019.

1. So I was clearing out some boxes today and came across this, which was in the box from when I took ownership of my Desmo.

Des VR 1.jpg Des VR 2.jpg

My local dealer took delivery of the bike to check it over and complete any recalls that were due. I was told all had been done and changing the VR was not mentioned to me, nor was I aware it was part of a recall programme, despite there being known issues with them... I'm not 100% sure the dealer would have any info on this as they have since moved premises and owners, however the box does detail the dealership. I'll give them a call when I can though.

Does anyone know, if the VR in the picture is what was originally fitted to the Desmo?

Thanks again guys, thought I'd ask here first.

2. Its to carrry with you, for when your one packs up..

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Probably not far from the truth there...

4. Shunt type regulator that was standard fitment on loads of Ducatis.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Same part number (54040111C on the box) as later 748, 996, 998 and many other 3 phase Shindenghen fitted bikes - is that number replicated on the Regulator itself?. The part number for the Desmosedici is not the same in the book (says 54040261A) but I think they updated it to 54040111C

• Like Like x 1
  6. A quick google confirms this - so maybe it's the one that was swapped out :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry, I meant to write that in my post initially and your are correct with the part numbers.

There is no part number on the loose VR and I've not take the bits off the bike to check yet. Great if it's been changed and updated shame I wasn't told about it though - typical here!! I could've saved on buying the FH020AA.... I'll probably replace it one day!

Thanks guys.

8. The part number on the box is the latest one applicable to the D16RR. Many got changed as they were prone to failing. The date on the box is 2014 so it would have been out of warranty and won't show up on any recall/warranty history checks, so I'd guess it's been swapped to cure a failed original unit. It's not uncommon for customers to retain the old parts. There may be a record of it on an old invoice if you got them with the bike?

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Well, all solved. The regulator was changed by my local dealer in '14. Dug out all the paperwork and the invoice was there, clear as day! Probably should've checked there first, but I still don't recall having this item changed or them telling me about it. My memory certainly ain't what it used to be..!!

I still might swap this for the FH020AA unit though.

Thanks again. I guess we all know what the dodgy regulators look like, even though it was on a late model (1134) bike.

10. As well as MOSFET have a look at Series R/Rs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information