1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voltage Regulator

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Gary white, Mar 16, 2020.

1. hi .. my ducati st4 from 1998 is burning out batteries.. assuming the voltage regulator is faulty .. where is it located please? .. cheers Gary

2. Inside the fairing under the headlamp, but when you get a new one this is the best place to put it.

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Got it ..thankyou.. happy riding

• Like Like x 1
  4. Check connections, Mine burn out

20200222_120253.jpg

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Very common on loads of bikes....

Word to the wise.... helping people on this forum can get you NUKES ? :mad: :blush: :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. I had a rectifier go on my Fireblade with headlights on I’d ridden about 2 hours up A14/M6 just cut out 100 yards from home. Thankfully not in the outside lane of M6 at rush hour.

• Like Like x 1
  7. He's new AC, give him the benefit of the doubt while he finds his way around. Welcome to the Forum @Gary white :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. as above Gary, might be worth considering a Mosfet type Reg at the same time. Many threads on here outlining similar problems which often start with associated wires and the two connectors (reg and alternator) rising in resistance due to light corrosion resulting in same overheating.

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/yet-another-reg-rectifier.13136/

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Thread moved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information