1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote For Britain's Best Biking Cafe

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Hartside. :) ooo, err, hang on a minute. o_O

IMG_6393.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Of the MCN options the only ones I am familiar with are the Ace, Bike Shed, Loomies, Rykas, and Super Sausage. Of those, Bike Shed is of far superior quality. IMHO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Steel horse did well, and I could see why when I visited on my only ride out on the new beemer

4. Pete,Nice and local to you as well:upyeah: and do you have shares in the bike shed company........ out of interest;);)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. What about Jens house?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Loomies - but ive not been to any other ones...

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Would be well off my list. Over priced, terrible food, takes for ever even just for a coffee.

You must have done the riders cafe too...that was in the list (Harry’s cafe??)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dont thunk so....not had a problem with the food at loomies...

9. Seaways over towards Bridlington was ok when I popped in once, a59 cafe near Bolton Abbey, squires for the people and amusement nice on a quiet summers afternoon with a steady flow constantly

10. Like this mans sketches:upyeah:
    stavros-2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. It changed hands a couple of years back, have you been in since.

12. Yes. And they can tart it up but it wasn’t that different, except the coffee was even more expensive

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jack Hill Cafe on the A5 the other side of Towcester from the Sausage,is worth a visit if youre that way.

14. Doms Leominster

15. Db we are on about cafes..... not Internet dating!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Maybe worth a visit to look at what's parked in the car park but I would not eat there

Food is dire

Smells of an open sewer around the back

Super Sausage is just the other side of Towcester

I am surprised that Jacks Hill is still in business

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. The Ace cafe food is not value for money, cold, they don't heat the plates, especially close to opening time.
    Once up and running the chilli, cheese and chips is acceptable.

I've never liked tea made with a steamer.... water should be off the boil and not 110°C!

Don't look too closely at the vinegar.
    It contains dead flies..... loads of them.
    I complained on each and every visit. The simply take them off the table, then put them back after you leave.
    Vinegar should be clear, not cloudy with wings and legs.

I did wonder how the insects managed to just get their wings and legs in....
    then I remembered the chemical formula for Vinegar..... now I feel very sick.

#20 AirCon, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information