1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vulturebike Decal Kit Fitting

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by KA77, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Just an opinion, but…
    The sticker kit is less than £150
    The risks, cost and consequences of lacquering over the top of the stickers and the rest of the paintwork (one chance at it and no going back, chances of reaction with the sticker material, age yellowing, degradation by petrol or ethanol, need to key for adhesion onto soft vinyl and hard paint and make it look factory) means I doubt a pro sprayer would touch this for less than £500 and stand by it with a reasonable guarantee, so, “if it were me” I would buy the stickers, put them on carefully, and when I got bored of the look or they started to look tired, would replace them for another £150.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Probably should of added that they are going on track fairings and I would lacquer over myself, just wondered if the lacquer would stick to the stickers.

I think you can get the bike wrapped professionally for £500. But £150 is still £150. If they are tricky to fit and end up looking rubbish I would give it a miss

3. Yes. Don’t add too much heat, they easily get distorted and tear. Instructions are, well, shite! YouTube and see if anyone else has fitted. They pass the 6 paces test but not much more ime. It’s a lot of wedge for some vinyl. Use lightly so[at water to position and get a decent squeegee

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. Have you applied sticker kit before? I watched this bird from venture shield doing a demonstration at the NEC. Looked a piece of piss. When I tried it at home I ended up with a ball of vinyl on the garage floor. If anyone can remember those Hamlet cigar adverts?? It was one of those…. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. I fitted mine without too much hassle. A hairdryer, a well lit, clean dry place to work and patience is all that's needed. The decals can actually be fitted and removed several times if you use the hairdryer in case they are not quite right.
    Dont pull too much, cos they will stretch and that will not go back. Go slowly, a little at a time and work the bubbles out as you go.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Hairdryer not heat gun too

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. May be a daft question but why do you want to spend extra £££ on track farings?

8. It still has to look nice! Until it’s been crashed anyway

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. No, that’s a good question. And after having spunked silly money on mine, it’s a question I often ask myself…. :scream::thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hahaa, that’s exactly how I imagine it will end up if try I sticking em on!! @HootOwl ‘s suggestion that the kits can be reapplied when I make a pigs ear of the first go is reassuring!!

11. That’s a fair point. It’s A little bit pride of ownership when you open the garage door I guess, a bit of vanity when parked beside that £40k money no object race bike at a trackday and a little bit of, fuck me I’m bored of winter already (has it even started) and am looking for shit to do in the garage!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. @HootOwl’s reapplication theory may work if you haven’t already turned green and ripped your shirt off….

13. No one likes a shithole bike mate. Even if it’s Honda it needs some pizzazz

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I have applied a few of these kits over the years, the quality is about middling, not bad but not the best vinyl I have worked with. It does have release channels worked in to the adhesive side to aid in squeezing the air out but a very light spray with a water/detergent mix will help, just don't flood the area! For the water mix try a 500ml spray bottle, fill with warm water and add three or four drops of fairy liquid or similar and as already suggested a hairdryer rather than a heat gun as these kits don't like to be over heated or stretched too much, more expensive vinyls will snap back to their original size if you heat them up but these don't seem to have as much "memory" as those made by 3M or Avery etc.
    Patience and a clean warm work area are the most important things, the panels need to be spotless, get rid of all the dust you can in the area and don't even attempt it unless the ambient temperature is warm, the cold will make them snap rather than stretch! Hope this helps. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cast vinyls have no ‘memory’ cast is a material used for van wraps and such. Calendared vinyls do have a ‘memory’ and are only suitable for flat surface application.

3M and Avery were the benchmark for quality but the lower manufacturers have caught up, only 3M and Avery offer 5 year warranty though but that’s is all that really separates them. However for the warranty you need to be an accredited fitter by passing a course approved by the manufacturer.

Majority of freelance vinyl fitters self warranty, so if it goes wrong you pay for the rectification and probably won’t be working for your client as much if at all thereafter.

16. Old thread resurrection ...

Has anyone tried ordering from Vulturebike recently .. a couple of V4S side panel stickers about £30 seems OK - but the cost of shipping !!!

Seems crazy.

Conquest racing don't appear to supply them any more.

Any other options ?

Thanks.
    upload_2024-1-11_22-43-40.png

upload_2024-1-11_22-43-31.png

17. Their shipping has always been ridiculously expensive. Sometimes their stuff is on eBay with cheaper delivery costs.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I ordered some at the end of last year and just had to suck up the shipping cost :(. They probably could do with re-negotiating their courier costs as there are other Italian suppliers I’ve used whos shipping costs are 1/2 of Vulturebike.

Be aware you’ll get charged VAt when it arrives if you’re UK based so make sure the price you pay them is ex Italian vat (unless they have the facility to charge you UK vat and remit it to HMRC).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information