1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vw T5/6 Query...

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by comesunt, Dec 24, 2018.

1. How many 1000cc[ish] track-bikes can you fit in a VW T5/T6
    What's best, long or short wheel base?
    Cheers,
    Bob

2. @Mr C might have a good idea.

3. i can get at least two plus a load of kit in my T6 swb

4. you would easily get three in a LWB

5. 3 in lwb, you need to do stuff like move bars and mess about for 3 in a swb imho

6. I used to have two in my swb T5 but don't think I would have liked to try 3.

7. Two big cc bikes andall the kit you need for racing or track days in a SWB. I would suggest getting three faired bikes in a LWB would be a right pain as theres only 18 inch difference in length, no extra width so you’d need to put one in backwards.

8. Many thanks. Didn't think two would fit so happy with that.

If two and all the gear will fit in a short wheel base then I see no reason to get a long one.??

Many thanks,

Bob

9. Defo two in a SWB, LWB is only 40cm longer. Three would be a tight squeeze

10. One backward, two forward. Or visa versa. No stands, blankets and straps to keep pressed up against each other. Iirc form when I did it last

11. I saw the state of your race bikes mate, maybe you should have stuck with two in the back......

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Home built matey; none of that give it to someone else to prep ;)

13. I have one, and 2 1000cc bikes and kit is comfortably snug
    You’d never get 3 in as you don’t have the width and a lwb only adds around 12”

14. You might just about get three 600’s in there by having one in backwards, but you’d have to ram them in against each other and you’d easily fuck them

15. CEB85665-7B4C-44A4-A2E0-60FEF2987722.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yep. Not in t6 but in vivaro so slight;ty wider at the top, 600 monster with single side pipe, panigale with low exhausts and an 848. No stands, strap first in forwards against the wall, second on fronts against other wall, then last bring in bars and goes in backwards. Stuff stacked on top. It was snug

Do Not Sell My Personal Information