1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vw Transporter T4 2.4d Lwb Ideal For Track Days

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Haydn, Jul 13, 2015.

1. I wasn't quite sure which area of the forum to put this so please move accordingly if need be. I thought it would be a good idea to advertise it on here as it will be very useful for many people.

FOR SALE

VW Transporter T4 2.4D LWB 1995

I bought this T4 in February of this year. The previous owner (A family friend) carried out a lot of work including fitting a replacement engine and having the van repainted. The van is in excellent condition for its age and is fitted with a few sought after parts.

The van is very clean and tidy inside which is a bonus when using it every day. This is not your typical builders/contractors vehicle as it has been very well looked after.

I personally bought the van to carry motorbikes to track days and although I have only done this once, it easily managed the job fitting 2 bikes and all the tools/gear in the back.

The van has covered 209k miles but shows no sign of this, especially with the replacement engine. I have covered around 2k miles since February and with no issues at all including a 600 mile trip around Wales.

The van is very versatile as the rear seats can be easily removed, so it can be used a panel van as well as a Caravelle. Due to the side windows and rear forward facing seats there are no issues with going to the local recycling centre as it is not a commercial vehicle. The van can also be legally insured as a Caravelle which is much cheaper than commercial van insurance.

Engine

• 1995 Transporter 2.4D (non Turbo).
    • 209K miles (Engine has only covered 92k miles) and was fitted last year with a new cambelt.
    • Starts first time every time.
    • Returns around 35MPG (600 miles to a tank full).
    • Doesn’t use any oil or water.
    Exterior

• The van has been repainted in the original colour and is in very good condition.
    • Rear tailgate instead of doors.
    • Sliding side windows installed.
    • Slightly lowered on adjustable springs but rated for heavy loads.
    • Four matching tyres – Goodyear Cargo G26.
    • Single sliding side door.
    • One piece rear bumper.
    • Front window wind deflectors.
    Interior

• Captain’s rotating passenger seat, rotates 360 degrees.
    • Sony CD Player and iPhone 4 Aux lead
    • Freshly ply lined
    • The floor has been fitted with hard rubber based flooring which is easily cleaned.
    • Unwin floor rails have been fitted along the whole length of the van. The rear seats secure to these but the rails can also be used secure other things.
    • 2 x Tie down lifting eyes have been fitted to both front seat bases.
    • 3 person rear seat bench is removable.
    • Insulated
    • Toad Alarm

Recent work includes

• Replacement engine was fitted in 2014 (engine with only 90k miles and new cambelt).
    • The bodywork has been repainted in the original colour.
    • Service - Sunset VW – 02/02/2015 - Both auxiliary belts replaced, new starter motor fitted, Handbrake adjusted and Undersealed.
    • Service – Sunset VW – 02/04/2015 - Oil & Filter, Air filter and Auxiliary belts tightened.
    • Two new rear tyres (June 2015).
    • New pedal rubbers.
    • New Gear Knob.
    • New wheel Centre Caps.
    There is one small patch of rust on the nearside sill. It has been protected with wax oil and isn’t getting any worse.

Overall this is a great van in lovely condition and ready to be used as a day van, surf van, camper, track day van or panel van. It’s used as my daily transport and it performs very well. I also have a large box of spare parts and two workshop manuals which are included in the sale.

MOT until September 2015. Whilst it was on the ramp during its last service, a full inspection was carried out. The only discovery being slightly perished track rod end rubber boots. The track rod ends have no play in them at all.

Genuine reason for a reluctant sale. There aren’t many LWB T4’s still around in this condition.

Private Registration not included in the sale.

Any questions please call me on 07731435063. I will not respond to offers if you haven’t viewed the van.

Van is located in Derby.

Cash or Bank Transfer on collection.

£3950

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]