1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Vyrus 985 C3 4v Reventon Ducati 999r Powered

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by Hotblack Desiato, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A unique opportunity to own a truly one off motorcycle, the Vyrus 985 C3 4V Reventon £32995 or reasonable offer.

Of the twenty five 985 C3 4V motorcycles built by Vyrus, this particular bike is the one they made for promotion and demonstration purposes. As such it has many upgrades and shows off the best options available to that model. It was the Vyrus showcase bike. Built in 2008, it was used in promotional films, events and for demonstrations by the factory. It was a marketing tool and was unregistered for road use. There is a promotional video approximately ten minutes long that will be provided with the bike that shows a glitzy Vyrus marketing event with this bike as the centre piece. It's a nice piece of Vyrus history in its own right.

With all the options, this bike has a list price above 80,000 Euros. It is made one of a kind because it is the only one painted by Lamborghini in genuine and secret formula Reventon - the name given to the colour of their amazing Reventon car. The paint is not available to buy and only Lamborghini know the formula to construct it. The owner of Vyrus, Ascanio Rodorigo was friends with Lamborghini Design. They love Vyrus and he loves the Reventon. When Ascanio was invited by Lamborghini's Design department to see the first Reventon, they suggested painting this bike for him creating a unique masterpiece and one that they will not repeat.

This is the 'poster boy' of the Vyrus 985s, using the four valve 999R power plant, and definitely not to be confused with the older two valve 984 air cooled models. This has 150 bhp (dyno charts to prove) and is 50% more powerful than the 984 2v machines while weighing an equivalent amount, thanks to its extensive use of carbon fibre, including the monocoque chassis/airbox. It was weighed at its UK MoT as 145Kg wet - with fuel and oil on board. Its power to weight ratio is among the best available on a road legal production machine.

I bought the bike in February 2014, imported it to the UK, regsitered it and completed UK registration as its first owner on 1st May 2014. At that time it had 3716 miles on the clock all from factory promotional work. I paid £40,500 for it and then spent another £2000 on it having it serviced and the ignition maps re-done to suit UK conditions as oppose to the seaside coast of Rimini in Italy. The bike now has 4250 miles on it, and is MoT tested until May 2016, so I have done just over 500 miles although to be fair, a proportion of that is dyno mileage. The bike is fully UK registered, has current intact V5C documents and is HPI clear.

It has recently had an extensive service (200 miles ago) and has benefitted from a thorough going over after receiving it from Italy giving me an opportunity to replace consumables and also perform some further upgrades. It has had a new clutch pack (100 miles since replacement) and upgrades that include a MosFet regulator/rectifier for lifelong reliability, a new fuel pump to deliver greater flow and improved top end fuelling, new switches and loom extension to open up the dashboard functions. Basic service items include new kevlar belts all fluids and frame service.

It has also been extensively dyno tested by one of the world's leading Microtec ECU experts to improve the wet and dry ignition mappings which are now available to swap at the flick of a handlebar switch. The radiators were sent back to dyno for partial re-core and service and were fitted with new fan units at the same time. All dyno data, maintenance receipts and history is provided with the bike along with both keys and the factory information like pan-European certificate of conformity etc. In short it's maintenance position is completely up to date and fresh and it has wanted for nothing to get it to that position.

It has many extra upgrades from the base 985 model including full carbon bodywork, tank, seat, frame and airbox, a special Vyrus Adige Adler Power Torque (APTC) slipper clutch with Vyrus custom internals to provide enhanced traction control , a quickshifter, black ceramic Zard silencers and much more as well as the unique history of the paintwork.

With its hub centre steering and incredible engineering, it draws crowds wherever you go and provides a level of handling that is simply breathtaking - as you start to think about the turn you're already in it as if on rails. With its razor sharp handling, its performance puts it in a unique position among road going machines. Looks-wise the paint changes in different light. The amazing Reventon grey can look uniform and matt in one light and shimmers with a gold hue in other light with endless subtle changes in between.

I adore the whole experience of this bike, it rides like nothing else I have ever ridden (and that includes all manner of exotica across my road and race experience) and you will be the subject of discussion, admiring looks, comments from arm chair 'experts' about the suspension, surprise and shock wherever you ride the bike, it's a complete crowd stopper!

I am selling for one reason only, with the spine injuries I have, the bike is simply too much for me. While 150 bhp can be bettered in this day and age, the bike is so slim, agile and above all incredibly light that as a package it is a pure missile. I don't want to part with it but have decided that I need to be realistic starting the new year and settle for something more manageable with my injury. While I will miss the ownership experience of a once in a lifetime machine, I need something more sedate to ride and less rocketship.

If you are looking for something to stand out from the crowd, nothing comes close. You are guaranteed uniqueness, exclusivity, membership of a small worldwide club of owners of this bespoke machine (with closed Facebook group, exclusive track days, factory support etc.) and it will reward you with the most incredible riding experience.

I want to sell so I can buy a replacement to plod around on in the Spring so make me an offer - you know what I have paid for it, what I have spent on it and what it cost new so that will help guide you although I am realistic and sensible so am not expecting to recoup what I paid 500 miles ago...I am of course open to any questions.

#1 Hotblack Desiato, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Worth saying too that in the interests of finding a less potent ride I would consider p/x of old single cyclinder 250/350/450 ducatis or even a bevel 750/900ss possibly...pictures follow, happy to take any others requested... :)

ad-DSCN2702.JPG

ad-DSCN2696.JPG

ad-DSCN2697.JPG

ad-DSCN2699.JPG

ad-DSCN2701a.JPG

985-c34v.jpg

En-dash.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  3. Love them, must have been fab to own, even for such a short time. Put it in your living room if you don't sell it and can't ride it :)
    If I had just won the lottery it would be with me for sure :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wonder who bought this :thinkingface:

5. So thread closed then?

6. God that's ugly!! It's like sloth of the bike world! :skull:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ssssh, we might find out, he was on line 3 weeks ago :)

8. Hasn't Tom Cruise got one? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. @Hotblack Desiato do you know the dry weight of this bike, just out of interest? Thanks

GLWS

10. looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jesus that’s ugly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. If your ambition is to own the ugliest bike in the world and you have £33,000 to spare, you are in luck.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. It's actually rather beautiful if you appreciate engineering :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I hear he's a fan of these :upyeah:

vegnews.steviewonder.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. The kind of engineering I appreciate is about creating elegant solutions to actual problems; it's not about devising clumsy looking contrivances to get round problems which others have already solved. Well that's what I think: how about you?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. You arty types are all the same :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I would rather have an actual virus; herpes, HIV, maybe even ebola. Probably easier to get rid of too!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information