1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted 916 Clear Screen.

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Kevin Tallant, Sep 4, 2021.

1. My 1997 916sps is almost ready for first mot in quite a while. The only screen it came was a solid carbon thing, my mechanic thinks it looks cool...but I ain't so sold on it. Anybody know if I can get a original one?

received_380636000255681.jpeg

received_2947713275469752.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Genuine ones are still available for about £120

• Like Like x 4
  3. I've searched loads of sites, but always seem to come up blank. Found some in Italy, showing part number 1-000-671-304 but no UK sites recognise that code.

4. Try your dealer

5. Moto Rapido have originals for £120, no local dealers in Hertford area since Bob Hill drama. Nearest is Cambridge & they've never even seen a Superlight before, let alone a SPS!

6. They do come up on eBay occasionally. I sold one in good nick this year for £65. It took a few weeks to sell at that price.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hyside more likely to know what you're talking about and probably similar distance to Cambridge, not a very inspiring showroom unless you want the modern day smarmy clinical textbook service with no real knowledge if your bike is more than 3 years old.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. If you ring them and pay over the phone they will get it to your door within 2 days, any Ducati dealer can supply the part with a phone order, delivery time subject to stock.
    Have to say the one you are looking to replace is hideous. But then most aftermarket ones, especially the tinted ones, are pretty awful and destroy the fine lines of the bike

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. I might have one if your stuck, message me to remind me and I'll look tomorrow

10. I have the original screen that came with my bike in the workshop, I keep promising myself that I will fit it back on but never do!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have a good original if you are still looking?

12. Yes please! I've been so busy at work that forgot about chasing one down.

13. Ok I’ll dig it out of the cave and send pics

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pics here Kevin, let me know if it's of interest. Slight mark on inside where the clocks touch, otherwise very good.
    IMG_4289.jpeg IMG_4290.jpeg IMG_4291.jpeg IMG_4292.jpeg

15. Looks just the ticket Mary Hinge, pm the price please.
    Regards Kev

16. Mary Hinge, Can I be second in the queue, if Kev changes his mind? (Probably not, but I though I would ask).
    Same story, doing up a 996 and really can't stand the dark double bubble thing!

17. Thanks froggy but it’s already promised

18. thanks Mary Hinge ... the search is back on!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information