1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted - Termi And Levers For 899

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Ch@rlie, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Hi Guys,
    I am after a set of Termi end cans for my 899 ideally with the up map.

Also after a set of aftermarket levers standard length ideally Ducati Performance ones

Thanks Darren

2. Check with @burndownthediscos as he had a set for his 899 he wanted to sell at a great price and they were really tidy. Might have to pm him

3. Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply, I did speak to him when he had them for sale but I struggled to find anyone near me to remap my bike to suit at a sensible price and not invalidate the warranty...... I missed out on them sadly.

Darren

4. I will have a 899 Termi upmap for sale in the next couple of weeks,i kept it on the bike when i fitted my Akras but i am having a map for the full Akra system done over the Crimbo break.so i will have the map put back on the stick £110 delivered.

5. Might be worth checking this mate, I have a sneaky feeling that once used they are useless, it's locked to the vin or something similar, an non issue for the 1199 as the ECU is different.

6. Correct I was told the 899 ones were hard coded to the vin and couldn't be transferred.

7. That's what I was told when I was trying to get an up map for your exhaust, and that if you had another remap it would void the warranty. Unless anyone else knows different.

8. i think you are right about the up map for the 899, the 1199 has a different ecu i believe and that can be transferable but not the 899, if i'm wrong someone will point it out

9. Ring Ducati Manchester and ask them. Im near 100% certain I was told there is now an official map that they can load onto the 899 if someone doesn't have the up map key.

10. They told me to bring the key with me and they will upload the map back to the key,main dealer so they should know ????????????????

11. It was main dealer told me it was hard coded to the vin too. Double check with them it can be done. Obviously a tactic to encourage folks to buy new termis rather than second hand.

12. Yes, they can revert your standard map onto your bike and vice versa, but that's it. Check as there may be a new map but they won't load it from the upmap, the new one would come from Ducati if there is one.

The 899 ECU is Mitsubishi I believe, dunno who does the 1199 one.

For the OP, probably best option (as its a closed loop fuelling system) is to get an auto tune and get it mapped, that's what Ginge46 has done with his 899 that has outrageous Austin Racing pipes on!

13. There isn't an upmap on the stick. It has an unlock code that unlocks the map on the bike I believe.

I sold my 899 termi cans to someone on here (Dartanion). Dealer loaded the unlock code back onto the stick. He got the stick and the cans and the unlock code was loaded to his bike when he fitted the cans. No problems I'm aware of. PM him and I'm sure he'll confirm.

14. Seems like a few dealers out there are telling porkie pies then,my dealer said it was no problem,so I will have a 899 up map coded key for sale, ideal if you are putting 1199 termis on a 899.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information