1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: Touratech Comfort Seat

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by BabyD, Sep 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking for the Touratech Ducati performance rider seat for a 1260 multi or if anyone has a link for a new one.

Thanks.

2. They haven't been available new for some time now. There was a source in Germany selling them on eBay, quite possibly Touratech themselves, but as far as I know they've all been sold long ago. Ducati stopped selling them shortly after the introduction of the 1260 and started selling their own inferior version of the comfort seat. The Touratech ones (rider and pillion) were official Ducati Performance items with an appropriate price tag. They were intended for the 2015-17 1200 DVT but the seats for the 1260 are exactly the same fit. Not sure why they stopped selling them TBH, the 1200 had black seats as std, the 1260 had colour coordinated ones on the white model but black on the red IIRC. The newer non Touratech ones for the 1260 were possibly colour coordinated too but I fear that Ducati thought they could maximise profit and dumped Touratech as a supplier.

Used ones pop up fairly regularly though, owners selling their bike tend to put the original ones back on and sell the Touratech ones separately to maximise their return. They fetch a decent price used as they weren't cheap to start with, around £400 each for rider or pillion, the DP label effect... Set up an ebay search to alert you when they appear on there and keep your eyes on the for sale section of this forum.

Good luck with your search. There are alternatives or you could get your existing seats remodeled over the winter.

3. Anyone that has this seat, please give me the part number

4. Thanks for the info Bumpkin, I missed an opportunity to get one a year ago and am kicking myself.
    My Plan B is to get a seat base and have it re-upholstered, though I want to exhaust the Touratech search first.

5. It's 96880201A

http://www.ducati-performance.net/Ducati-Multistrada-1200-touratech-performance-comfort-seat

However, as stated it's no longer available new, you'll need to source a used one off eBay or this forum. Ensure it has Touratech/Ducati Performance on the side and is listed to fit the DVT 2015 onward. Might not list the 1260 as officially it wasn't intended by Ducati for that model. They produced their own, or had someone other than Touratech make one for that, no doubt to increase their margin. Not confident that it's as good but that's just my suspicion.

Confusingly this auction on eBay has the Touratech pillion comfort seat showing the same part number...

6. Reviving an old thread, but I have a Touratech rider and pillion seat I’ll be selling shortly.

7. If it fit 1200DVT, I would be interested too

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yep, they fit the 1200 apparently.

9. Could you give me price to PM? Thanks.

10. £325 for the rider seat, £225 for the pillion

11. I’m already sorted thanks

12. Thread closed then?

13. If your asking me, then yes

14. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information