1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Warranty Claim Escalation

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by triari, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Does anyone have contact details or know the process for challenging a turned down warranty claim by Ducati?
    The paint has started to come away on the clutch cover but on area where nothing is close to it.
    Ducati have said via the dealer it's wear and tear, however its not on an area where it can wear.
    So, i'm challenging it on the basis that it's a manufacturing defect, they say it cant be despite not seeing it?

2. :motorcycleduc:Time for a new bike upgrade .

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ultimately, you can sue. If your engine had just blown up, I would say instruct a solicitor to send a letter before action. But are you sure you really want to make a big, expensive, risky fuss about a patch of paint? You may have something more important to quarrel about later on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Any pics of area concerned?

5. Having recent experience of a warranty claim, IMO you need to look to your dealer who would appear not to be supporting your claim with any enthusiasm. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. What do you expect on such an old bike? :) :)
    Isn't the paint finish covered by warranty for couple of years like on cars? I would expect this to cover not only fairings but engine as well.

7. I hope so, I keep the bike near concourse so it’ll bug me until it’s right.

8. Your should ask the dealer what he intends to do about it irrespective of what Ducati say you purchased the bike from them not Ducati .
    Had a similar situation with a mgza a few years ago after a word with trading standards the dealer sorted the problem

• Like Like x 2
  9. How old isthe bike and whats the mileage?

10. Can you share an image?

11. Google it. Quite a few problems with this. Mostly from new. A lot have had them repaired (stripped and resprayed), but honestly, I’d either live with it or get it resprayed yourself. It isn’t an item of jewelry, it is a motorbike...

• Like Like x 1
  12. They’ll never let that claim through. They’d be skint in no time as they’ve been using crappy paint for yonks. It’s considered non essential to the running of the bike.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Could you not fit a case saver over the top and just forget about it?

14. I can only give the very most positive feedback re dealing with Ducati on out of warranty claims. They paid 100% no problem, but only when i contacted them direct aftervthe dealer had been turned down. The explanation i gave was much bettervthan from the dealership, Ducati were a joy to deal with, nkw please dont,t mention Apple aftercare!!!!!!!!!

15. Aren't these magnesium covers?
    If yes, I would paint it ASAP especially if used in the winter.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I had a warranty claim turned down for paint rubbing off on my tank the dealer offered a respray but i wasn't happy with this. Ducati eventual got me a new tank only after i emailed and voiced my disappointment in such a high quality(cough) brand. To be fair to the dealer they tried there best to please but i thought a new tank was the only option. Ask your dealer for ducati uk contact details, and let them know if not sorted to your satisfaction that your next purchase won't be a ducati.

17. Had my engine cover replaced under warranty no more than 3 months ago !

18. For what reason if you don’t mind?

19. The paint blistered while I was on a 3000 mile tour in Europe the paint peeled off. It was not a wear mark like you would bet with your boot rubbing, there was a definite edge.
    GT's in Plymouth did the warranty with no hassle along with quickshift, dash, bottom yoke, and paint blisters in the l/h mid fairing... and while they did all of the above they broke 2 fixing on the top fairing which was also replaced.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information