1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Warranty Direct Renewal

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by yev, Mar 15, 2018.

1. through the door this morning
    £660 v £450 last year, and no claims

dont want to do it, but i am sure it will break down if i will not renew

2. Saving £660 for a year strikes me as a risk worth taking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. That's expensive, I don't see why it's so much? have they had a number of massive claims or is it the age of the bike now?

4. Warranty Direct charged me £220 for my 1199S when the two year manufacturers warranty run out (I missed sorting the third year manufacturers warranty). This went up to about £300 the year later. Then more the year after that. I never had to claim but the premiums kept going up. In the end when I added up what it was costing for extended warranties on my bike, car, washing machine, boiler etc etc I decided to put the money into a separate account and use as a slush fund if I had a problem with anything rather than giving it away to warranty companies who can then be selective about what's actually covered and start dictating the small print when you have a claim. At £660 a year it's definitely worth considering as that's £1300 in two years and that's enough to cover a large repair bill if you do have a problem, or a nice holiday if you don't. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information