1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Warranty Recall

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Philnanks, May 3, 2017.

1. Had a surprise phone call from my dealer today telling me there's 2 recalls on my 2016 DVT. It's going in for its service on Friday and they'll be able to do both on the day.
    Panniers and heated grips apparently.
    I've heard about the pannier bracket issues but didn't know about the heated grips. Mine works fine so wandering what the problems are?
    Are there any software updates that I can expect or need to be aware of?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Cheers for the heads up & share. North american owners this is for you!

3. Not uk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. We probably weigh less and litigate less.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

5. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. We probably ride harder.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Yes UK as well

you can check recalls on Ducati.com website
    Ducati

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. 1 Recall (for mine)

SRV-RCL-17-002 REAR SHOCK ABSORBER MTS 1200 ENDURO'16'17
    Start date: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 | Refresh date: Saturday, May 6, 2017
    Recall Number: CR137 | Recall Campaign Status: Open

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Speak for yourself:weary:

10. It's a long story & it shall remain so. Having had a brain tumour of the 4th ventricular cavity removed on march the 24th. And been told my driving licenses were been 'rescinded' yesterday I had the latest of a few more to come. Meetings with my surgeon who when I queried when could start driving again. Replied "as soon as dvla write to me I will confirm I'm happy for you to drive a car & motorbike". I squinted & said they still haven't even contacted me yet?

The long and the short of it was my surgeon & my GP neither informed me I should contact dvla. I assumed wrongly that they had initiated the process of temporarily revoking my license. So this morning I phone up the dvla medical line & discussed with apprehension how I've effectively & honestly made a genuine mistake through a breakdown in communications. The dvla gentlemen took down the details and stated "your license is still legal & we just need a form filled in by yourself & a doctor or surgeon to verify some details". A sigh of relief was given on my part as with government departments I thought this was going to turn into a postal waiting game of back & forth proportions!

The enduro was hauled out of its secure storage unit & rightly fired up on request. Off I went to aylesbury ducati or On-yer-bike. Who bizarrely were happy to see me & got informed the shock-n-parts will take a week or so too arrive. The actual fix will take about one hour & they bill ducati for that. So if you have a recall, make the dealer aware (not that I was expecting to get it sorted!) to order the bits in for you. I'm chuffed to be back on the road even with a stiff neck & thankful about re-reading this thread to cover it wasn't just a USA recall issue.

#12 GunZenBomZ, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  11. Good luck with the recovery :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I've just had a call from my dealer, M&S in Newcastle, informing me of the same recalls for my 2015 DVT S. Pleased they told me because I was going to leave the panniers off. I asked if the Air Box update was worth doing, but they didn't know there was any difference on the 2017 bikes, but I'm not going to bother anyway.

13. A contacted my dealer who confirmed that there is a recall on the panniers, but he couldn't see anything about the heated grips - can anyone expand on this for me (so I can tell the dealer!).

14. Yours must be one of the very few that does work properly then. :)
    The only time mine work properly is in the summer :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yeah, best of luck with the recovery GZB :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. All the very best for your recovery Gonz!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Glad you are on the road to recovery and hopefully many good years of riding ahead of you!

Hope to see you on the next rideout :sunglasses:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I was told its more to do with the throttle and that some engines were going into limp mode as a result more than the heated grip itself although they weren't entirely sure. Must be a safety recall?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information