1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Oct 6, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Its got the wrong date on it... Must be bust...

2. More critical would be the incorrect time though :rolleyes:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Get her a 749R, there is a clock on that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've a few automatics, one an Omega. The manual wind on this would put me off a little. Nice watch though.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I'd be sick of winding it, I have an Omega automatic as my daily wear and whenever I take it off and it stops it always takes me a few days to get round to setting the time and date again. I'd never remember to wind one up every so often. The world has moved on!

6. Thats smart Brad. I much prefer vintage watches and vintage omega in particular are always cool.

7. But its a watch!.........Youd get a watch £10 or less on ebay!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. I've just put a 1970's square black dial automatic Omega in for repair and service (a wheel had broke apparently). It's costing £155.
    Last year I had the wife's 1970's gold Omega repaired and it cost £300 (they said the parts needed were virtually unobtainable)
    Like Bootsam, I think that vintage watches have the "look", (as does the OPs desire) and bought at the right price, will hold/increase in value over time, but repairs can be costly.
    I have a 1995 Omega Seamaster quartz which I paid £550 for (second hand) in 2004, and I wear it daily. Today, to buy the same watch off Fleabay would cost me around £1000.
    You pays your money and makes yer choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. You can buy this Chinese Yatian motorcycle very cheaply. Why do you ride a Ducati? :thinkingface: It's only a motorcycle and exactly the same really.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. First one mate.

11. Wow that's stunning - probably the same price as the watch - Bradders - maybe this could be instead of the wife's watch..?? I am sure she would much prefer this....

OK - maybe not....

I like Omega's but servicing is more expensive than Ducati... I think my Seamaster Chrono was close on £500 last time it was serviced 4 years ago... And that was without belts, valves - just a clean and polish....

As others have said wind up - would just wind me up these days - so I would get one of the automatics.. but it is a nice looking watch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thats the exact model I swapped my 916 for.Ive never looked back.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. My watch is 1945. Its older than me, yet more punctual.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I don't blame you, it's a beauty and you are a lucky chap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. My omega speedy is manual wind, i love it, the whole tactile nature of winding your watch is, to me a lovely thing. In the same way I prefer records to mp3s.

16. It’s also my birth year, hence why I’m looking at that and not a new one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I love the fact tho, even on these ild watched you can get them easily repaired and serviced.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information