1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waterproof Bag - Luggage

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Robarano, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Does anybody have any recommendations for a waterproof bag for touring?

I have the side panniers on the hyperstrada, but at 25L each, I'm going to need a decent size bag / top box too.

I'm looking at this - Givi - Obviously a premuim brand, and I think I'll be OK. Has anybody used similar?

Oh, I do have a couple of Kriega packs to strap on too.

2. no need to thank me Rob

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Oooooooooo :yum Lightweight. :heart_eyes:

4. Kriega US30.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I've already got a Kriega US20 & US10 @Bob T and I'll at least also be taking the US20 with me.

I need more capacity for a 2 week trip than the 30L US30 will provide. Hence looking at the Givi 80L bag

6. Just throw the pants away that will keep the weight Down:joy:

7. You do realise that they have shops abroad too ? You don't have to take the kitchen sink.

8. I'm not going shopping or near a washing machine. I'm on holiday. :)

9. For roll bags I'd go Enduristan. Top quality, Swiss made, tough and totally waterproof. Highly regarded by the knobblie-tyred adventure boys. They do roll bags from 20L right up to this 80L biggie.
    https://www.twistmoto.co.uk/tank-ba...do-2-pack-sack-x-large-82l-4251521500234.html
    Twistmoto are an excellent firm to deal with as well.

I've got a pair of 20L Enduristans used as panniers with a Motonaut harness on the 1190. Will be testing the system out on my Scotland trip this year.
    DSC01106.JPG

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Funny you should say that. One of my friends is going for this -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Endurist...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Maybe you know something I don't :thinkingface:

11. Don't think you'll go wrong with Enduristan. I have it over the Givi for the same money.

12. Cool. If I haven't bought one by the time you come up to Scotland, I'll have a look at yours. :upyeah: I may well go for one anyway given the recommendation of 2 people. :)

I'm a bit of a brand snob I'm afraid. :blush:

13. Any of the Givi/Held range .......would recommend 60l (or even 40lrather than 80)......a bit more manageable. If you want posh brand - go Ortlieb.

I used an Aldi special 40l roll top bag for a number of trips - at £14 you just can't go wrong.....robust and totally waterproof. It's been on the bike, sailing and skiing. They are all made of pretty well the same stuff.

Currently using a 35l bag I bought at the classic bike show (teklight brand from a guy that ran a stall with all sorts of biking travel gear) - has many mounting points and came with a load of webbing snap lock thingies to tie it down (I leave the webbing straps on my rack and just plug the roll bag in to them) he advertises on eBay. This complements my hard panniers on my 1200RS.......but also fits well on my 900ss and my MZ 250. Check him out - pad12010 is his sellers I'd.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I’ve used a 40l Givi for commuting and supplementing my Panniers for over 2 years now. 100% waterproof, easy to use and reliable. If it failed now I’d replace it like for like tomorrow.
    80l does sound huge. My 40l, maxed out, has always been big enough, without becoming cumbersome.

15. Yeah, you may be right on the 80L thinking about it. I do have 2 x 25L side panniers after all.

[​IMG]

Givi's 40L is also on my watch list. :upyeah:

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 21.12.21.png

16. I know! But anything smaller feels like a toy now. She may look big, but boy can she dance. It’s the most devastating road bike I’ve ridden. Eats CBRs and R1s for breakfast.

17. I've got a 40L KTM dry bag. Its pretty cavernous to be honest and when its packed full its pretty big too. I wouldn't want to go bigger than 50L on the pillion seat.
    I'm pretty sure the KTM bags are made by Givi and rebadged.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    They make a lot of marque-branded luggage for bike manufacturers. I believe they make Triumph's own-brand aluminium range.

The KTM/Givi has never let me down but compared to the Enduristan it feels noticeably thinner and more lightweight and the design is more basic. It isn't lined whereas all Enduristan luggage is double lined with a bright red interior which makes it easier to find stuff. There's handy little pockets and mesh sleeves inside and you can fit velcro dividers so your gear doesn't wander about inside. Its well designed and thought out without being over-designed and a bit too clever for its own good like Mosko stuff. I particularly like the way they stitch a slot for tie-down straps into the webbing on the outside so the bag can never shift about under the straps.
    A few of the off-road overlander boys on the Adventure Rider forum say its one of the few brands that will survive a spill without damage.

[​IMG]
    Ortlieb, I'm pretty sure only make bicycle luggage now. Their motorcycle brand was taken over by Touratech a couple of years ago. I won't buy Touratwat because of their prices.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information