1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon We Must Be Satisfied!

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Mark9, Apr 20, 2018.

1. The low incidence of posts on this sub forum can only mean that we’re all very satisfied with our scramblers and are quietly pooltling about on them minding our own business, all is well in the world, well done Ducati :)
    Here’s a few observations I’ve made during the 6800 miles I’ve covered on mine.
    1.The standard seat is crap, I fitted a leather one from the Italia independent model and it’s an improvement, cutting out the tool recess filling with foam and plating over is a further improvement, going to flat bars instead of the standard Icon bars is the best improvement ref seat comfort though!, it makes you lean forward and takes some of you weight off your sit bones and onto your inner thighs, marked improvement.
    2.The front suspension reacts harshly to bumps, I almost got aftermarket cartridges but found that the flat bars again came to the rescue, I think putting more body weight through the bars loads the suspension a bit and it reacts better, it’s still not what you’d call plush but the short sharp smacks I used to feel over small bumps has gone.
    3. The tyres are grippy but I got less that 4K miles from the rear, that said it’s a price I’ll pay (£115 off tinternet) for grip and looks.
    4.The paint lifts at the vertical engine case seam at the rear of the engine because Ducati don’t lacquer over The rectangular machined ally bit, moisture gets in and the cases corrode lifting the paint, I fixed mine myself because I couldn’t be bothered to wait for Ducati to fix it, repainted the black, re-polished the ally bit , lacquered it and it’s been fine since.
    5.show any of the fixings etc a bit of water and they’ll tarnish/rust, stayed on top of this with judicious cleaning and a spot of WD40, shouldn’t have to but it’s a cheap bike I guess.
    6.The indicator button is shit, at least the cancel button is, there isn’t enough movement in it to feel if it’s clicked off through gloves, so I tend to have to glance at the tell tale lights to be sure the indicators are off, sometimes they are not!, shouldn’t have to do that.
    NOW THE GOOD BITS
    1.its great fun to ride
    2.its totally reliable
    3.It gets compliments
    4.It sounds good now I’ve fitted a Scorpion Serket silencer.

#1 Mark9, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I was delighted with my Classic and that’s why I upgraded to a new 1100 Sport yesterday :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was thinking of taking an 1100 for a test ride, what’s your impression of it so far?

4. It’s ace! It’s just like the old scrambler but bigger and butcher! Handling is just as good if not better as it has stuff like cornering ABS and a slipper clutch etc. It’s also got a load of electronic gizmos that I haven’t got to grips yet.

I’d definitely recommend a demo ride. You’ll have fun!

5. Yes I’ll have to sort one out soon, I’m guessing it feels a lot quicker?

6. I guess so. It’s just very torquey. And the sound is fantastic! It burbles, pops and farts on run over, and its lovely to hear.

7. I've had my Classic since July 2015 and I love it. It's fast enough, handles great and always makes me happy to ride it. No complaints, it's a lovely little bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I picked up a Scrambler Icon earlier this year to go alongside the 848. I love it, I can take the other half out for nice day cafe stop rides and it it great. Only done a couple of hundred miles on it but no complaints at all :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Had my Full Throttle 2 years in May, love everything about it. Could be improved by being slightly bigger and having 20 BHP more power. I can honestly say it is one of the best bikes I have ever owned.

This has left me struggling to PX it as I really would like to keep it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. PX it for a new one

• Like Like x 1
  11. That’s what I did, and got the 1100 :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. After a couple of years it would be like selling a much loved pet.

13. The quality of being able to make you giggle like a girl and not take your motorcycling too seriously is much underrated.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. I've had my FT for nearly a week now and I love it. The Termis sound great, lots of spits and pops on the over run.
    Fitted a simple home made rear mudguard and a Dart screen which I painted Matt black to match.
    I can't fault it but can see on long journeys it may be uncomfortable.
    Yes the indicator cancel is a pain and it could do with another gear as I keep shifting for another.
    The engine is so peaky.....Just love it.

15. When I got my Classic three years ago I did 1442 miles over one weekend up in Scotland. It was fine. :)

16. My 1100 Sport has just had its first service. I opened it up a little yesterday. It tops three figures nay bother!

17. Sounds good, I must get that test ride organised, too busy messing with my other bike in recent weeks, might see if Ducati Nottingham have a window this morning.EDIT; darn it closed today.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information