1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend In Ullapool

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Garioch Rider, Aug 10, 2020.

1. A beautiful ride up to Ullapool and back to Inverurie on Saturday, weather and roads were excellent and a fine day out riding..

959 Ullapool.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  2. used to live in Scotland, went up to Ullapool a few times, probably one of the nicest places i've ever been too, like most of the highlands...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah, really nice if you get the weather..

4. Thread moved

5. Looks like you had cracking weather for it. I went up to Stornaway for a long weekend last autumn. Had an absolute blast, and grabbed the ferry from Ullapool to Stornoway. Daftly, decided I could do the journey back in one day. I had a sore arse for a fair old while... :/ All that to say: Ullapool was awesome :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brilliant, I did a lot of this run recently. I love how you got the bike to balance on your lid

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hope you didn't get ants in that nice helmet?

8. Myself and the missus went from Inverurie to Gairloch then up to Ullapool and home last Sunday. Cracking ride out.
    I know it’s not a Ducati , but it is red at least. Photo at the top of Loch Maree
    9DFD1850-C23F-44D3-802B-E01698066328.jpeg

9. Looking good, hoping it is dry this weekend for another spin of somewhere, I will be sure to take a pic and post where I end up this weekend, if all goes well with the weather.

10. The forecast is not looking too bad at the moment , so fingers crossed. The nights are drawing in way too fast now so need to make the most of what’s left of the good weather

11. Ah, lovely looking bike that. I miss my S1000XR! Happy with my Multi though :)

12. Popped up last week for a quick trip. Had it loosely planned for a while but was waiting for a weather window. Fortunately it looked good and I only encountered 3 hrs of rain during the 4.5 day/1500mile trip.

(Photo looking down to Ullapool after the rain cleared)

643C084A-1D8F-4C52-B8FF-2503E307D8E7.jpeg

13. Was rough camping and staying away from the crowds but had a great time.

005CD1BB-15FF-40AF-844C-30AFA9FA8A60.jpeg

A3BD9E32-80A1-415D-A7BA-893A3D287FCB.jpeg

65ABD217-CAB5-45EE-AC79-B0AB253ED718.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information