1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weirdos And Misfits

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Feb 17, 2020.

1. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51538493

It must be me but why does an ex-downing street advisor look so young that Mummy wakes him up and makes him breakfast every morning. And he gets annoyed but some pubs won't serve him without checking proof of age...

He was probably shocked by the amount of rain we've had because it never rains that badly in his Enid Blyton books.

#1 PerryL, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. What a prick.
    Now he’s some time on his hands let’s hope he doesn’t buy a Ducati and spread his vileness on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. This government is, unfortunately, full of them :mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. All govts are.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. All parties are

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. A ridiculous little man , i would insult him but genetics already did a pretty good job.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. yes poor old Noobie...........

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. [​IMG]
    hmm. so, you didnt tell us ex that you, noob and aircon where pals at school.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. I missed this thread somehow but just posted this in another one.

“Even before I read that about Salinsky’s postings on the subject of sex, based on what I had already read, he seemed to come across like one of those nerdy incel losers who get all alt-right (and usually also become Trump fanboys) because women don't find them attractive. Cummings is another. He's been a geeky weirdo all his life but now suddenly finds himself at the centre of power and he's just trying a little bit too hard to be badass. Apart from the danger to the nation caused by letting that sociopath run the Govt, it's really really cringey.

Still. It says a lot about the people who lead us now that we see them employing the services of nasty nutters like that, meaning that they either don't bother to vet advisers properly or they knew full well what AS had written in the past but employed him regardless, or perhaps even because of his appalling views. BoJo's pointed avoidance or refusal to condemn AS's remarks suggests the latter. I suspect it was DC using AS's appointment to test the waters to see how far right the Govt could move and get away with it

This is alongside a Cabinet in which the Chancellor looks like an Apprentice contestant who is just pleased to be there and we now have an Attorney General who, breaking with the tradition that they should ideally be a QC or at least a very experienced practitioner, is barely a senior junior with exactly the same amount of experience in legal practice that I have (and I don't feel remotely qualified to be the country's chief law officer).”

Still, Hitler was a failed painter and Himmler was a former chicken farmer but look what they achieved!

#10 Zhed46, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

10. Far be it from me to be an expert, there's one thing that a commentator said about D.C. that seemed agreeable and that is his use of focus groups for the direction he ( read government) should be going in.

So regardless of how arrogant, overbearing, anti social he is, he is getting his message from the masses and getting those with better social skills to sell it, and there might be the clue to him being on the winning side when the votes are counted.

Any Machiavellian plotting against the civil service and/or MPs would be to remove obstacles to achieving the aims of the focus groups, rather than any kind of God complex he may have. Thus refreshingly following thru on election promises.

(I'll let you define focus groups, but just to re iterate he's been on the winning side when the votes are counted).

TB

• Like Like x 1
  11. some folks might call that a, weather vane politicion. not, in my view a good thing. not in the present climate of media shitfests.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Why not just go the whole hog and put every policy decision to a public vote, like on X Factor? Or have politicians come and make a pitch for their policy in front of a live studio audience who each have a big button they can press to register their approval or disapproval?

I think the reason Leave won was more down to decades of lies spread by the right wing media, followed up with lie upon lie by the Leave campaign, combined with a mob mentality where people who barely even knew what the EU does (and in many cases, still don't) had a hate figure to round on. That, plus complacency from the Remain side, failure to mount a campaign which neutralised all the Leave lies, the hubristic insanity of Jo Swinson thinking the Libs could get in without Labour’s help, the Remain GE vote being split by those two parties, the Second Ref campaign getting bogged down in infighting, and then, finally, the car crash that was Corbyn’s election campaign. But we have had that conversation already, spread across 3 and half years and several thousand pages of this very forum!

Anyway, I thought the Leave campaign was all about taking back control from unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats and experts so that elected British politicians could decide what is best for the UK? It seems to me that DC fits the former description but he, not the EU, is running the country nowadays.

#14 Zhed46, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Besides which Blojob once having achieved his short to mid term aims, will have a convienient "oven ready" fall guy to take the blame. One easily villified and Boris will U Turn again - blameless as always

Cum again.jpg

14. I can imagine who is who too :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Can you? Sorry: no colour in your day :(
    (why is 749er in a dress :thinkingface:)
    You were much smaller than Jez yet older :thinkingface: v.tiny brw
    Are ET's plats part of his flat cap :bucktooth:

Finm and 749er.jpg

• Sarcastic Clap Sarcastic Clap x 1
  16. wow, you never said you had flux capacitor. how far did you go into post brexit brittain. 2029?

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. 1826 :bucktooth:

18. Almost half past six :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information