1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to the new look Ducati Forum

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Rob, Mar 16, 2014.

1. So it looks a bit different - yep!

We've moved from vBulletin 4 to Xenforo for the forum. Basically for a few reasons, mainly because it was no longer supported and their new version was not very good at all.

This forum has a lot more features, is easier to use, works better on mobile and is a lot quicker.

There will be a few things missing until I get round to activating them - if you notice anything please use this thread to highlight it.

I'll post some things here that you might find useful.

• Firstly, uploading pictures is much easier. You can drag a picture into the text editor and it will automatically upload. Give it a go :)
    • Hover over a post and you'll notice a lot more options to like and rate posts. They appear at the bottom right of each post.
    • Private messages are now called conversations. They are easier to read, especially when they get long.
    • Check out the Gallery from the tabs at the top of the forum. It's really powerful. You can upload unlimited pictures, categorise things, tag people etc.
    • Want to get a members attention? You can tag them, like this: @El Toro - It will notify the member that you've tagged them in a thread. Just type the @ symbol and start typing the user name. It will automatically find the user as you type.

#1 Rob, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Just got in from the pub. Wtf is going on ? Don't do change easy at my age !

• Like Like x 2
  3. "View first unread" has disappeared. Can that be reinstated?

4. Is it not the same as 'New Posts'?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes thanks. I have just found it :)

6. Every thread needs a "view first unread" button please

7. Its there already.
    Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 02.53.53.png

8. Not on every thread though Rob, that's why I mentioned it.

Ps like the word Association thread, and this thread too.

9. It needs the Tapatalk addin to work ASAP. Please sort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. +1 on the tapatalk

If it ain't broke don't fix it :)

11. I got one for ya Rob. Email notifications: you get an email notification, you click on the link, but it doesn't take you to the post, or even to the thread, it just takes you to the home page from where you have to search out the thread and post in question. This is starting to annoy me already, and I've only had one...

• Like Like x 1
  12. What happens to all my points -sob- back to newbie!!

13. It's very slow for me and a bit fiddly on the tablet. I prefer using the whole site view rather than tapatalk so it's a bit of a pain?

14. The email notifications look much better!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Well it aint faster in South Africa. This used to be the fastest forum I used, now it is by far the slowest, over 5 mins to load a page, WTF? Slower even than Ducati.MS and that is saying something. It is going to be unusable for me unless this is just a glitch this morning.

Bront

16. I see the anti-South African filter is working well ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thanks for all your hard work,much appreciated,looks like classifieds is offline though, any publicity to try n sell my lovely ST4S ABS has got to be a good thing though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm with nutty boy...dont use tapatalk prefer the adult version, you know, website ;) and this looks more like TT on my ipad...but lets not chuck it out just yet. Change is necessary, change is here, change is good :)

Any doubters chant 5 times, 3 times an hour ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Lots of people's status has changed eg bradders, al arquebus are classed as new members. However some are as they were eg fig, nutty nick.Can't see mine as I'm currently active.

20. its a bit er……white!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information