1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Well That Didn't Last Long

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Daddy2coull, Jul 15, 2016.

1. SPOILER!!!! Please read this thread through to the end were you'll see what a complete twat I've been spending eight weeks ranting because I missed one of the parts whilst fitting some ASV levers. So sit down with a brew and read away. Ignore my ranting and have a laugh about how stupid I've been!!!

The dealer had read the thread on here and was understandably upset. In an effort to make amends I felt it was best to make a public apology.

Riding home from work today. Hyper is bogging down, backfiring when doing a constant 30mph in third. May be my imagination, but the valve train in the horizontal cylinder sounds noisy. No faults displayed on the dash though. Looks like a trip to the dealer tomorrow :(

#1 Daddy2coull, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Ah, bloody hell mate! Hope you get it sorted without too much fuss!

3. cheers fella, i hope they'll give me a loan bike, it's my only transport!!

4. They should do! Where you going? Seastar?

5. yep, i'm sure they will, they've always looked after me

6. shitty

7. Never been in seastar. Always wanted to stop and have a look, but always needed to be in Norwich or headed back home! Good luck mate! :thumbsup:

8. Is it new? Flapper valve jammed?

9. it's got a full termi race system on it

10. Rules that out then. Have you recently filled up with fuel?

11. i have, the shell higher octane stuff. but i guess that doesn't rule it out

12. Not water ingress in the tank?

13. Backfiring like that at a constant speed is normally bad fuel, lean misfire (air leak) or dodgy plug/ignition coil.

Most likely a simple fix. Getting it sorted quick might be tricky though, let us know how you get on.

14. Rode into work this morning and it's lumpy as hell at lower speed making slow sweeping bends almost impossible, almost feels like I'm towing a trailer. It may well be bad fuel as previously stated. Might have to knock up a syphon pump at work and fill it with fresh but I'll run it up to the dealer at lunch time so they can look anyway.

15. Start with plugs.
    Pull one coil cap off then try.

16. No MIL light on dash I take it?

17. Nothing at all

18. Anything disturbed from fitting the exhaust ..... map sensors , inlet ducting to throttle housing
    What happens with lamdas are they written out .... any of the lamda wiring touched the exhaust and grounded out ..... would of expected codes from the latter but you never know .

19. I pretty sure I fitted everything as it should be. I'm proper anal but I guess everyone makes mistakes. I've looked for anything loose or worn through etc. No mil light. It feels like a fuel/ignition fault as its dumping fuel into the chamber. There is no inlet ducting to disturb. You replace the lid on the air filter housing and that's it.

20. Unusual not to get a light. Couldn't be something like sticking back brake could it? Have you done anything recently to it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information