1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welsh Tt?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bikermike, Nov 20, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  1. With the continued loss of life year after year, I'm surprised road racing survives as a format. I know road racing fans are a hardy lot but as you say, the location is in the middle of nowhere so very little infrastructure and facilities plus being where it is, there is a high chance of rain. At least it stands a chance unlike the Circuit of Wales fiasco. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sounds much safer than the Island - might be a cracking do :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. It survives because people want to do it (and watch it).
    the rain is a good point - they don't race at all on the mountain course if its wet these days - that would be a real dampener (so to speak) on the event.

Hope it's a success though

4. Well, if we don't go and watch it then there'll be no point putting it on. So I'm going to give it a chance and my support and see how it is. It's August, so weather might be OK, it's a day out and the Brecon Beacons are nice.

The format / loss of life issue is real and non-trivial, however the comments of Steve Plater make this sound like a course that's got heritage and safety covered. All motorsport has risk, and for many participants and spectators that's all part of the allure.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Plenty of good roads and pubs

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. B&B booked just down the road before they get wind and put their prices up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Might not be a £1,500 trip as well, once everything is factored in... and the stress of getting and managing tickets / time off... I'm in. I just hope that the ticket prices are realistic, as Oliver's Mount is a very dear do these days. Most people are going to have a fair old trek there and if they're looking to get the crowds in then they'd be well advised to keep admission prices as low as possible. Basically keep Jonathan Palmer / MSV / Auto 66 well away from it...

8. Just done same :)

9. Excellent! I doubt I'll make it this year (manx and annual cadwell park trip will probably take me out for August), but fingers crossed for them

10. Check out their website with a video lap of the circuit. No problem if it rains

11. Check out their website with a video lap of the circuit. No problem if it rains

12. Link ? You know I'm a numpty when it comes to the internet :). Andy

13. This is 4/5th August and 5th - 11th is UGP... hope that doesn't impact entries.

14. oooh b*gger, that is close.
    McGuiness is apparently signed up, maybe he has a fast plane lined up...

15. To race, or in some ambassadorial capacity?

16. well, it doesn't say - I assumed it was to ride as he is targeting coming back for next season.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Ambassador

18. Bikes in pairs every 10 second :scream:. Typical MoD range roads, lovely smooth tarmac and NARROW. Would not like to try and overtake and definitely not sure about the piles of logs. Interesting to get the feeling that the ulta fast superbikes are being discouraged in the early stages, encouraging rides to learn the circuit first. Ticket prices look reasonable for the stands at £17 per day but looks like you need to enjoy a walk for the general entry tickets. Good luck to them. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information