1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went To A Bike Night In South Leverton @ The Plough...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fire3500, Aug 23, 2017.

1. It's fortnightly, I've been a few times but never bothered to write it up before. It's a bike night, there were bikes, and their riders, a few hangers-on too... It's not in Lincolnshire, but Nottinghamshire (which is like Lincolnshire-Lite).

For a very reasonable sum I bought a foaming pint of Carling from the bar of the extremely charming Plough, and commenced to parade around.

IMG_6330.jpg

It was all very pleasant, and even the burgers smelled nice, but I didn't have one as I am cooking for me and Ms Fire tonight. So I sipped my foaming and surprisingly tasty lager and had a look at some bikes.

IMG_6329.jpg

This had already caught my attention, so I scuttled back for a proper nosy, after leaving the SS there to make friends.

IMG_6331.jpg

1980, V reg, Series 1.5 MHR... same spec as mine but with different wheels. Very pretty and owned by a distinguished looking chap. Sounded cracking as he rode off.

IMG_6333.jpg IMG_6335.jpg IMG_6336.jpg
    IMG_6341.jpg IMG_6342.jpg IMG_6343.jpg IMG_6344.jpg IMG_6338.jpg
    IMG_6339.jpg IMG_6340.jpg

It's on again in a fortnight... wearing a black visor was a misstep as I had to guess my way home. Glad I was able to give the SS its first proper run out. I like it a lot, saucy little bugger.

All home now, and even got a few bins in shot...

IMG_6346.JPG

#1 Fire3500, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Nic pics!

So whereabouts is this in Notts? And when does it take place?

3. Duh....just read the thread title...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Here you go then @GordonH click this link and it'll show you.

5. I do like that white frame :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was there for a few minutes last night !! saw your bike and the MHR Luvverleeee

I only stayed a few minutes ( about 10) as i was instantly reminded of why i hate bike nights so much. To clarify i cant see the point of riding for half an hour to stand around listening to bollocks being talked then ride home again!
    In particular the HArley rider busy telling his mates how fast he had ridden and how fucking brave he was conveniently forgetting to mention being destroyed by my Hyper on a bend !

I would sooner ride for the three hours

I passed that Morini on the way down it was going well !

I also made the black visor mistake

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The bin shots is just showing off !!! :cool:

8. Then why the hell didn't you make yourself known? :) We could have actually gone haring about rather than spouting tosh. Maniac.

#8 Fire3500, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  9. Also I was blown away by a bloke in the 40 zone near the power station, totally destroyed me. Was the same bloke simpering in the bends between Caenby and Gainsborough. He had me in that 40 zone though, good and proper. My 40mph was no match for his 70mph+...

#9 Fire3500, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  10. Do I detect a hint of sarcasm ?

11. Harleys must admit more Harley in WA /capita than anywhere in world
    Harleys are sold in same dealership as Ducati
    Some Harley riders buy them as a statement along with chappies and chromed muck-metal (zinc diecast) deaths-heads.
    they like eating all the sausages on Saturday, but they generally are never going to fall off them or scratch them. Harley's are generally shit in the hills,but the wild men get off them, to avoid the lack of ground clearance.
    I used to challenge them on my 900 Superlight, and blow them off from the lights
    but admit getting smashed by a EVO which lit up like a drag racer.
    I dont bother with always bigger, always longer, always faster, Harley riders but appreciate the no bullshit of those they wish to be

12. There may be a soupçon...

• Agree Agree x 2

13. Maybe that was astronomically quick for a Harley D. :);)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information