1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Werkes, Remus or Arrow?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by DesmoOtto, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Hi All

Sadly a termi is not going to get budget approval - which leaves me with the following

Werkes
    Pro
    looks the bollox
    Con
    little stubbies can ruin power delivery even with the baffle in

Remus
    Pro
    Well made but most expensive
    Con
    Used to seeing Remus on GS's and they don't sound great

Arrow
    Pro
    Price and hopefully longer can will give more of a bassier sound
    Con
    Price mean quality is also low?

Wondering whether anyone has any thoughts. Would hate to get a can on there that needs a remap and end up chasing lost bhp and pund notes!

Thanks

2. what about SC Projects.....look great used in Moto2 and other race series, I just ordered one plus air filter and fuel management system very good price and good quality

3. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of Arrow exhausts, I have had end cans on all 3 of my Triumphs and a full system on the GSXR. Brilliant quality, a nice improvement in power with the right map and they sound great too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Personally, I d have the Remus. They are seriously great quality and no other can sounds like them.

Quite a fruity sound without being offensive to ppl with sensitive ears or plod.

5. Cheers all, going to be the Remus, will post some pics when it's paid for and on.

6. I've also had Arrow exhausts on previous bikes, and have always thought the quality was comparable with anything else.

7. Nothing wrong with arrow. Had em a few times, quality it fine and sound spot on.... Think about Leo Vince to, use them on my track bike and I'd say they're in the same league as the arrow

8. If/When I get my Diavel I was planning to fit the Werks silencer to it as I recon it sounds and looks the Bollox, Will it need a re map if I fit this, if so how do you re map a ducati is it done with a power commander or similar or do Ducati have their own method.

9. of the 3 choices i'd go for the arrow even if they were the most expensive option (very rare for me!).

the werx ones are just cans made in a can shape, the remus are for old duffers and the arrow are the only ones that will be properly developed and may actually improve your bikes power curve.

leo vinci whilst they made good cans similar to arrow, sadly are no more. so you won't be getting any new ones.

10. got a 2nd hand Remus off ebay is good nick, fitted, sounds the dogs but sadly top end went abit flat and the fuel light came on after 90 miles rather than 120 plus the range and consumption computer thing went haywire, was getting 150mpg at one point?!? (baffle in).

so taken it off, don't want to play with mapping until the warranty is up.

11. I understand that recently a rider came down from Leicester way to Moto Rapido in Winchester because his local dealer said he would honour the warranty if Steve aka Wilf, did the remap on his bike. May be worth asking the question as you live in Hampshire.. Andy

12. thanks Android, I bought the bike from MR and have broached the subject with them about a year ago, they are / were after £220 odd quid to "drop a map on". My reservations being that for that kind of money I'd want a dyno print out showing me what I'd just bought which they don't do and having used TuneBoy before on a couple of bikes "dropping a map on" takes about 5 minutes - which makes £220 a very expensive 5 mins with no proof of results!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information