1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Western Scotland

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Timg, May 20, 2019.

1. Hi people I’m just of to the West of Scotland with my missus for a few days from Wednesday. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on finding accommodation ie websites, recommendations. Going to aim to see the Eileen Donan Castle & surrounding area so any tips on the best things to visit whilst in the area. Thanks for any help all the best.

2. Beautiful part of the world .. on your road up make sure you take in Glencoe. With regards to staying near to the castle check out Three Chimneys on Skye fabulous restaurant if you are a foodie and if you can get a chance to stay in their accomodation grab it, super nice place to stay. Also slightly off the wall you could try this place which is just along the road ... https://www.diana-mackie.co.uk/create/number-ten/ .. diana is a fantastic welcoming person and her art work is brilliant. Also on skye take in Skyeweavers .. very interesting place and work is done by these guys

You could build in a tour of skye go to portree .. then go south of the island get the ferry back to Mallaig ... and the road back to glenfinnan is stunning

ferry details https://www.calmac.co.uk/service-status

hope that helps ... have a great time hope the weather is kind ... its a special part of the world

ferry to skye.jpg

glenfinnan.jpg

glenfinnan2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for that fatporker much appreciated

4. Thread moved

5. Hostels or bothies are dirt cheap up there and we have never found a bad one yet . My mate download and printed a map of where we were aiming that had contacts on. we stopped for a coffee and cake break at about 4pm each day and figured out where we would be in about 3 hours and booked them to suit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The road over to Applecross is great if the weather is clear .Pretty much if you follow the coast all the way up to Durness the roads just get better but that is a very long way up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for that

8. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information