1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Wet Weather Riding

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by panigale66, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Just realised I can't ride my scrambler to work in the rain as you get pissed wet through, has anyone tried fitting a rear hugger?

2. I did a weekend ride from Yorkshire to Cornwall and back, and had a fair bit of rain. The only part of me that got wet was my feet, Ducati Scrambler boots are not waterproof as claimed!

3. Would these be the ankle black rider boots ? Andy

4. If it's any consolation I can confirm that all boots are not waterproof. My waterproof goretex alpine stars let water in through the top. Last year I had to pour water out of my boots whilst riding all day in Scotland.

5. wee wee?

6. I said Scotland not France

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Boots in or boots out?

8. In't-continent ? :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Feet in. Boots out ;)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. I beg to differ, my Daytona Roadstar GTs have never let me down in the wet. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. The water just went down through the top. Pointless them bring waterproof imo

Never had that problem in Italy this year though :)

12. I've got the alpinstars SMX plus and they're pretty good in wet weather but any distance I wear my tcx shorties, super comfortable and never let water in, as a belt and braces I wear a pair of sealskins waterproof socks too, just in case :)

13. Oversuit outside the boots?

14. Again piss wet through riding to Wales not much rain but roads were wet, I had spray hitting the back of my helmet and running down my neck also sitting in a puddle from all the water from the spray landing on the seat
    Wet feet are the least of my worries

15. My old Daytona GTX's were like wellies. Proper waterproof. Shame the rest of my kit wasnt so good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information