1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What A Faff!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Aug 19, 2021.

1. That's is trying to book train tickets to Salisbury with most of Bristol closed, but that is not why I am ranting. I need six AAA batteries and good ones for my new home heating controls. The fitters said that you can't use rechargeables but to get Duracells. From Amazon, they are about a tenner, roughly. I went to my local hardware shop, in Berkeley, in my efforts to support local business, thinking that I will just have to take it up the backside. They had six packs for £3.99! Bargain City!
    upload_2021-8-19_16-52-5.png

upload_2021-8-19_16-50-52.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. That is a good result (the batteries), and very unusual these days. Although I try to avoid buying from Amazon, I do tend to get my Duracells from there, but usually in larger quantities, which seem to be the way to get a good price (makes sense what with postage I suppose). I don't know whether there are any other decent batteries out there now; I've given up buying anything else (including so-called Duracell Industrial) as I've had too many disappointments (those CR2032 button cells seem especially poor from some manufacturers).

3. It reflects my experience, when the fitter said to just get Duracells. I am trying to use rechargeables more, but they all seem to be sh1t! That seems to be my lot, now. You get ranted at to go green but much of the "green" stuff is just crap!

4. AA rechargeable batteries are not the same voltage as standard ones. They're something like 1.2V compared to 1.5V, so ok in torches, etc but not for electronics...

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. You know batteries have a best before date, right? As they age, they lose power. I bet they're close.

6. I know the feeling!

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information