1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a find...

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cheddarman, May 16, 2012.

1. Popped into my local backstreet bike dealers today and found this - its a 1960 BSA A10 Golden Flash. One owner from new. 50k on the clock, covered with a patina of care, perished kneepads, transfers still attached. Even the inside of the sidecar had the smell of the 1960's about it. I'd pay just for bottle of that. This is an unrestored beuaty - the owner has just died and the family asked the dealers to sell it for them. I know £9,000 sounds like a lot but it's worth every penny... Just wish I had £9,000...

15338.1337097584.DSCN1787.jpg

Used Bsa A10 GOLDEN FLASH 1960 Motorcycle For Sale in Southover, 6058744

15338.1337097584.DSCN1787.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Way past it's best, noisy, smelly, thirsty, unreliable, leaky, and downright ugly ...... just like me :upyeah: Love it

3. Superb!

You can keep dry in the sidecar whilst waiting for the recovery van.... :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is it just me, or does a 'double adult' sidecar sound a bit kinky..?

5. Quizzical as to the top speed of said beast what with a huge sheet of perspex & a train carriage bolted to it??

6. I used to get a good 80 mph out of my 1948 gold flash & watsonian avon sport, 2 up.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. i have to admit a little concern at coming to a halt in a hurry, whith two single leading shoe drums... even though its got a linked sidecar brake as well...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Those style of brakes were never as good as the old 8 inch stopper!!!!

9. A valid point...

My tuned 400/4 is now faster than its frame & brakes, which were never great than new, although adequate when everything else on the road had shite brakes & stopped at the same rate or less. :biggrin: Riding today with modern cars & bikes does show the brakes to be nothing short of terrifying.

10. Sounds like my (Madras) Bullet 350. Now pensioned off to bro' in Galway. Plods around the countryside - loves it. Cleans it daily, blings it with bits from Hitchcocks. No "carbone" tho'.

11. Was fishing in Appleby (Westmoreland) end of April. On the main street that crosses the river is a brilliant old-school garage with matching workshop and a row of Brit' iron - one beautiful Trident - with yellow and white tank - remember those?

12. That would have been the T160 then Seve, the later Trident that had a split centre exhaust and electric start.....I had a T150V...and today I aquired my second Hinckley Strumpet...A Sprint...one of the earlier ones thats comfy enough to take madame on...she isnt keen on the pillion on the 999........
    I had a 1957 A7 Shooting Star as my first big bike.....cost me £40.....Lol.....

13. I wouldn't be keen pillion with you on a FS1E. :biggrin:

14. Thats cos the seat would disappear up your arsecrack Phil.....Lol....

15. Remember this one I posted up on the old site, only 3200 from new.

IMAG0077.jpg
    Sold at a local auction last year.

IMAG0077.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information