1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT What Aftermarket Screen

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by woodbutcher, Mar 26, 2016.

1. hello all, mate of mines bought a new shape multistrada 1200s but the screen is scratched, an he's thinking of buying a new one,

Anyone bought a aftermarket screen an what do you think

What do people recommend

As he and I have had a look around on the net an can't really find any reviews for after market screens for the 2015 multistrada 1200s

2. I also have the Puig Racing screen and like it. I've had double bubble screens on other bike and liked them. It's slightly shorter than the stock screen, but provides much smoother airflow. It's good enough(for me) for touring with the screen in the high position.

3. Has anyone tried the MRA Vario with the Spoiler?

4. Yes I tried it and found it slightly better than the standard screen, but still lots of buffeting. For me the PP carbon is by far the quietest and provides smoothest air flow with my Schubert Pro3, as has been mentioned on this forum before by some one else. It's definitely not a "one solution fits all" problem.

5. I tried the mra vario with the spoiler and was not impressed. Took the spoiler off and put it on the stock screen and it was a little better (drilled the stock screen). Right now using a Givi d7406st windscreen with a mra X-creen touring (using the clamp on for now). After a lot of playing with it I have found where to position the x-creen to finally give me a quiet, buffet free ride. I have to admit this bike has been the hardest one of my touring bikes to set up for clean air.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi folks! Getting my new Mutley in 3 weeks and done loads of reading on the threads before purchase but keen on a tinted screen that offers more wind protection (I'm 6ft) seen some comments about the puig touring screen that seemed positive has anyone else got then or something different with a link? Many thanks in advance.

7. I've just fitted a Puig Touring screen (light tint).
    It's about the same height on the lowest setting as the standard on the highest. Quality seems very good. I was looking at the Ducati touring screen but it's about 3 x the price of the Puig.
    I got it from MPS - good price and very quick well packed delivery.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Who are mps please julian?

9. Hey. I have the same screen. Coverage is good. Have you noticed any unwanted rattle at low revs? Thinking about removing and re-installing mine.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Oops my mistake - I do mean M & P Direct
    Multistrada 1200 2015-16 Puig Light Tint Touring Screen
    I read some negative feed back regarding delivery but my experience was very good.
    No unwanted rattle so far but I've still only done 60 miles in total and that includes the OEM screen.

11. I'm 6'3" and with the seat set in the high position, the standard screen in the high position also does me very well for fast work and touring. Each to his own I know but that's what I found. Round town only and I use the mra short sports screen so it feels like riding a supermoto!

12. I've had a pretty horrible rattle from mine. I was in the dealers last week and half new DVT multistrada's had a screen rattle and half didn't!

The mechanic had a look but said it's from the bushes inside the screen adjuster, the noise is caused with the 2 parts of the plastic guides banging together. /The tolerance on some is tighter than others (the tighter ones seem to have this issue). You could ass a rubber washer or something similar to stop it banging together, but then you would be stuck with a single screen position.

I swapped to a Pikes peak screen as the lower weight and less leverage stopped the rattles. Not sure what I will do when I tour though as I'll want to use the higher screen.

Puig touring screen is very effective though.

13. My Puig double bubble in black has just arrived. Looking forward to trying it out with my new Schuberth Pro. I'll post a picture when it on.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have the give touring screen fitted. Higher and wider than the original.

15. I'd be interested to see it and hear how it works out. I was thinking about getting one in the light tint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Screen looks great, unfortunately the helmet is going back. The visor does not click shut with one hand

17. Hi recently purchased 1200dvt which came with the Puig short dark screen....this is fair it shorter than standard which suits me as I'm a short arse.. And about five foot seven.... It may depend on your height as to which screen works best for you??? I'm lowest position it puts bit wind blast on my upper chest and higher say to helmet level however it's in no way problematic......what Is strange is that my gopro picks up MUCH more wind boost on the multi than my previous naked to o v4r.........here's the link k for dark one and will include some pictures of mine poops can't paste Link pix will have to do lol

tmp_29519-DSC_1747253641675.JPG

tmp_29519-DSC_1709-525283042.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information