1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are The Prospects Of Travelling To Spain For The Late May Weekend ?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Just received an e-mail from Focussed Events advertising 4 days at Jerez over the late May bank holiday weekend costing just under £900. Andy

2. I have some unfinished business to conclude at Jerez. Got cancelled last November.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Love Jerez

I think/hope that come spring summer we should see pretty radical changes with lockdowns

Hopefully

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think its fair to say nobody really knows .
    So many variations on what happens this year , its just down to guess work and good luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Almost 0

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. (Coronavirus + Government Muppets)*(Brexit + Government Muppets) = Wouldn't bet on it.

My 2021 Cadwell pass plopped through the door the other morning... this is the replacement for the 2020 pass that went unused. I'm wondering if I'll get any use out of this one or whether to just wait for the 2022 one... :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. I was hoping to go to Mugello as the tickets were on hold from last year.... NO HOPE!

8. i wouldn't bet on it, i wouldn't even be confident of being able to drive there from within another province of Spain

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I wouldn’t bother booking anything. It’s one crushing disappointment after another on the travel scene. And the restrictions seem to be ramping up if anything.

I think Donington‘s about as far as I’ll get this year....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yep, hoping to go large at the Ducati days this year and maybe a Bike Shed or two.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Not to add a negative, but with what's going on in the world even if we can get to a Euro TD as things open up we'll still have to spend more to get a Negative C-19 Test to exit the UK and then to re-enter it. Otherwise whose paying the cost of Quarantine in Hotels? I bet BJ will refuse to accept any bills.

Can't see any of us going anywhere before June/ July at the earliest tbh. Hopefully that's if we keep can Jabbing in the Vaccine at the same rate that it has been over the last 6 weeks.

12. So it’s £1500 for 10 days in a quarantine hotel plus £120 PCR test.

In short, our illustrious leaders are making it prohibitively expensive to travel. Not to mention the faff of the paperwork. I type this from Abidjan. What a ball ache it was getting here ...

13. Considering the slow rollout in Europe of the jab coupled with other complications which may arise any plans I had for Europe are re scheduled for 2022.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Yes, this. Even if we are all immunised by late summer it's possible that a lot of Europe won't be. Still hoping France will be open by September as my deferred trip to Corsica is on for mid that month. Ferries are fully paid up and dates changed from 2020.

15. Buy a 'ped and deliver Dominos. That's about as good as it's going to get this year I fear :(

Pull up a seat at the staring window...:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. You’ve never not been able to. I know people both business and otherwise in their masses who are in and out of this country and have been throughout this.

There’s nothing really stopping you. but it would be difficult with the current restrictions throughout Europe due to accommodation etc. Not to mention it’s a bit shit.

17. If I were retired so quarantine wasn’t an issue I’d be all over summer deals

18. Lets hope the government don’t start with the hotel quarantine idea or not a lot of these over 70’s will be going anywhere unless they’re very wealthy.

19. I am hopeful that once this vaccine gets to a point, things will start lifting pretty swiftly.

I have a feeling June/July things will look fairly different to what they do now.

let’s see. I’m not holding my breath though. Not with spud from trainspotting at the helm of the country

• Like Like x 1
  20. Then these rules must have just changed?

COVID-19 Travel
    Under current UK COVID-19 restrictions, you must stay at home. You must not travel, including abroad, unless you have a legally permitted reason to do so. It is illegal to travel abroad for holidays and other leisure purposes. Check the rules that apply to you in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

In a statement to the House of Commons on Wednesday, Ms Patel said England's lockdown rules were "clear [that] people should be staying at home unless they have a valid reason to leave. Going on holiday is not a valid reason."

She said the new rule would require people wishing to leave the UK to go abroad to first "make a declaration for why they need to travel", which would then be "checked by carriers prior to departure".

piranha.jpg

Ms Patel said: "Anyone who doesn't have a valid reason for travel will be directed to return home or they will face a fine."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55821702

Do Not Sell My Personal Information