1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Battery Are You Using?

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Eeza, Jul 25, 2019.

1. I bought a new battery last October for the streetfighter. It's now showing 9 volts.....

I got an acid battery as that's what the chap at the battery store recommended.

In my head I had my reservations as the battery sits at a strep angle in the tail section and I thought that the acid may leak or expose the top of the plates etc...

I'm going to take it back as its under warranty and I wondered what you guys are using. I'm gonna go for a like for like replacement as opposed to a L Ion cell as the bike was never designed for that type of battery but I feel it needs to be a sealed Gel AGM type...

What do you guys have?

Cheers Eric

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. I bought a "MotoBatt" AGM battery a couple of years ago - the yellow ones - because they were £40 and I'm tight.
    My mate needed a couple of batteries for his bikes so he bought two as well.

Two years later and it died while on the Optimate. Went to start the bike after a couple of weeks and it was absolutely dead.
    Funny thing is that both my mate's MotoBatts did the same on him as well.

I replaced it with a Yuasa, as per the original Ducati branded batteries, and the same as the one I have in my 2008 Hypermotard that is still going strong.
    It was £58 from a reputable dealer via ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks buddy Yuasa it is then :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rather cheaper than that with your Halfords discount card.
    £53.60!
    For a 999

#4 Old rider, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Just put a new Yuasa in my 916 after about 10 years. Can't really fault them... and with my Halfords discount it was only £45. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Yuasa every time on older bikes that haven't been upgraded :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's a new one on me, I never knew that Ducati designed bikes to suit batteries!

8. And bulbs... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. lithium on mine .

10. Hypermotard 1100evo sp - mines had a lithium battery in it for the last 5 years. A JMT one off ebay...never had an issue.

11. I had a Motobatt battery, the yellow one. It lasted 1 year! Absolute pile of crap.
    That’s 3 people reporting pretty much the same thing.

I use Yuasa now but considering a Lithium one next time.

12. I noticed my 1098 having trouble starting yesterday, I am thinking ti change to lithium, had one on my tuono v4 which made a big difference in starting.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information