1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Camera

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by finm, Sep 25, 2018.

1. i know there's body of knowledge on here re cameras. its the wife's b,day soon, and she has been hinting at another camera. something suitable for wildlife footage.
    any suggestions? i'm paying so no need to recommend anything over the price of two tyres and a ducati service.
    cheers :upyeah:

#1 finm, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  2. Subscribed. I'm looking at getting back into photography too. To cover motor sport and also wildlife. I was down in the Falklands in 89-90 and had a Canon EOS 650. Captured some amazing stuff. The EOS range today appear almost identical to my old camera but the tech in todays DSLR's must be mind boggling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2 tyres and a Ducati service? Is this the big service? DSLR's aint cheap, but as with astronomy the money is in the lenses. We have a basic EOS 450 and that suits us rank amatuers and a sigma 18-300, a 50mm and another i forget.

You can spend a fortune on these things. Good luck.

Ive found these people to be okay. https://www.wexphotovideo.com/

4. yip, she's a bit of a bird watcher. i heard her chatting to somebody about em at a red kite thing down near the boarders, i heard several grand getting mentioned, i think she might of heard me whisper, no effing way.
    i'm thinking around 500 maximus.

5. 500 will get you a camera body minus lenses probably unless you source second hand. Probably.

6. great. :(
    i wouldn't know where to start. maybe i will buy her a book on how to get the most from what shes got.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DJ2JYMB
    Add one of these.... especially where you live...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Canon D5 Mk4 - £250 cash back too :eek: a good lens for wildlife might cost double the body, maybe more though...
    1. DSLR Cameras£250 Cashback[​IMG]

9. hmm, looks to easily hidden somewhere in the house. ferk knows what she will catch me doing. camera never lies apparently, thats not saying i wont give it a damn good go. :D

10. mate, 500maximus. it aint gonna happen is it?.
    she has a pentax DSLR, already. it might have to wait till crimbo.
    cheers anyhoo. some nice stuff in there.

11. If she has a DSLR already, then buy her a nice lens.

12. something tells me the lens isn't interchangeable, i bought it for her a few years back about £400 after she dropped the old one (about a week old) in the sea. that wasn't cheep ether. clumsy fuck.

13. If its a DSLR, then lenses may be changed easily or swapped for a variety of differing ones. I'd be surprised that a dslr had a fixed lens. But im no expert.

You usually, depress a button and twist it off. Sigma do good quality lenses at decent prices.

14. coolio, i will have a look tonight. .

15. Tight arse - if you had sold me that 848 you could have paid for the body and you would only have the lens money to find :thinkingface:

16. i think it was the offer for the 848 from the original tightwad of tightwads that made me think nah, ram yer new camera.
    anyhoo, the 848 stays.

17. Google best dslr and you get articles with prices. For less than 500 something like a Nikon 3400 or soon to be released 3500 would be a good shout. That's just the body.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just seen that she already has a dslr. How about some really nice binoculars?

19. Buy her some flowers. You wont get any less brownie points and at least you save some money.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information