1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do I Take To The Tt?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by comfysofa, Feb 19, 2019.

?
  1. Hyper

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Zed

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Its the best conundrum in the world but quite split.

Were booked up again this year (been for the last 8 years or so). 1st Year i went on my own (to see what it was all about) and had a gen1 z1000 - instantly hooked and now 2 of us go every year. The next year i went on a hypermotard 1100s and while great it ran out of steam on the mountain which was a bit limiting but other wise great. Then for the first time in my life i got something with fairing (RSV4 factory) which i still own and its been that way ever since (like its, its job) thats the main thing it does and while it doesnt get much day to day use if im going long distance its the one i use.

So, this year i want to go on something different and im split. RSV4 is out of the picture. So, ive got either the hyper 1100 evo sp or, my gen 4 z1000.

The hyper while only tops out at 135 and will be slow on the mountain but, is good fun, noisy, involving and one of the things i really look forward to is italian night. Love the atmosphere, love the bikes, love being on something Italian. Brilliant, almost the highlight of my year in a way.

The zed. Far more capable, faster on the mountain, more comfortable. Its the primary bike i use, thrown a load of cash at it which has made a brilliant bike even better and for the general antics on the "no speed limit" sections of the island will be brilliant especially the newly laid coastal road near where were staying. As i use it all the time i can throw it around.

both bikes i want to take but which one.? :)

Without sounding childish...whichever one i take - ill take the other next year...!

#1 comfysofa, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  2. And I was going to say the RSV4 then I noticed you won’t be

Take the zed for comfort

3. Yeah - thats the thing....i take it every year and it does it all...just wanted a change...!

4. Hyper then :)

5. And thread closed :yum

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. And a genuine Raleigh Chopper for cruising Douglas prom :cool:

7. Ironically thats one thing i think the zed would be good for....crack the throttle open in second and shut it off and guaranteed itll do a massive backfire..i like doing that in built up areas!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hire a van and take both

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Not that rich im afraid....be nice though...

10. Add a poll

• Like Like x 1
  11. No idea how to do that....it was an off the cuff question - thought it would generate a bit of chat - it really was just a bit though...

12. Done for you :)

13. You’ll need to do the same on the other forum for balance

14. Are you two on a knitting forum and can I play :blush:

15. Go on your hyper.

I've been over on my monster before but hyper is more useful for riding all round the island and not just the mountain.

I'll see you at the Italian bike night in port erin then.... Kwackers are banned :):bomb:

16. Bring both mate, I need a bike to ride on for the week. I'll pay for the van, gas and pints :)

17. Take the zed

18. What should you take to the TT.. ?

May I suggest a Comfysofa...

Ideal for watching TT on for sleeping on and also handy for any knakered 3 legged cats to prop theirselves up on..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Take none of them. Buy a xr250/400 or a Kawasaki KDX220 & go offroad. We go every year. Find the Widowmaker & go up it. If you survive that you will ride anything round the circuit & be happy to be alive.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tell me about the zed,what you done to it,thinking about one myself.

Oh and take the hyper,just pull wheelies on the long straights lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information