1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do We Think About Them Dropping Iannone?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Sam1199, May 26, 2016.

1. 3rd on the podium. There must have been some red faces.

He's faster than Dovi, let's face it. All he's got to do now is learn how to stay on.

Personally I think he might have been a better bet. With training.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yeah you can't argue with the numbers, it must be a tactical move. Choose the more consistent rider who will support Lorenzo to victory rather than run both red bikes off the track every other race! I see it the same way as I look at Marquez/Pedrosa, personally I love a bit of competition but unfortunately 'The Maniac' has lived up to the English translation this season!

Lets see what Suzuki make of him

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Do I might have more money behind him compared to Andrea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. They are chasing manufacturer championship, and Dovi will finish top 5 more often

5. They're likely looking for a reliable team mate for Lorenzo and to be honest Dovi is more reliable which is important for a manufacturer. However if Iannone can keep it on the black stuff he will be great.

6. One swallow doesn't make a summer guys.... A couple of races ago he was wiping his team mate out and then throwing the thing down the road all on his own. Plus in practise he has been throwing it down the road a fair bit.

They did the right thing keeping dovi, he is a solid enough number two to help win the constructors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Iannone will only get better, he would have been too much competition for Lorrenzo..
    A decision made to please Lorrenzo in my opinion.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Errr
    I don't think he was actually dropped (yet).
    I think he jumped before he was pushed.

9. Who's Iannone with in 2017?

10. Suzuki

11. Thanks

12. Ducati signed Lorenzo and chose to keep Dovi on the second bike didn’t they?

They definitely, 100% kept the wrong rider imo.

13. I think the only person that may give Lorenzo a fight as a team mate is Marquez, and that's not going to happen. Iannone isn't in Lorenzo's league.

I don't think Lorenzo particularly cares who his team mate is. He famously didn't try to block Rossi's return from Ducati. I've heard no chatter that he demanded Iannone depart Ducati as part of his signing, what makes you think Iannone's departure was to appease Jorge?

Lorenzo's MotoGP record
    Lorenzo.JPG

Iannone's MotoGP record
    Iannone.JPG

#13 Robarano, May 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  14. Ducati made no official announcement regarding the second rider to partner Lorenzo. None of us are privy to any discussions between Dovi or Ianone and Ducati but I believe Ianone made up their mind for them by signing with Suzuki.
    Don't disagree with that though. Dovi is a "best of the rest" sort of rider and unlikely to improve. Ianone on the other hand could challenge the Aliens if he could learn to stay on the bl**dy thing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I find Dovi a bit boring tbh. He is a nearly man and has had access to some great bikes. Lets not forget he had a Repsol RCV when it ruled the roost.
    Lorenzo is signed to win the championship , the second man in any team needs to be there or there about and keep the points rolling in for the team award. If your lead rider has a DNF then your no2 needs to be up there keeping things sensible.

Lets put yourself in a team managers position and if you agree with my thoughts then you'd want Dovi as your number 2. If you want a more headline grabbing rider then The Manic is your man. That said that's Lorenzo's job is it not ?

From a championship point of view I'm glad the Suzuki has a rider that is capable of keeping the new Suzuki up front.

I bit of movement between teams of the aliens is no bad thing as it freshens things up.
    Now, all we need is Mr Stoner to pop in for a race or two to really upset the apple cart and jobs a good un.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Did you mean "... Rossi's return from Ducati"?

17. Obviously................Edited.

18. I don't think Lorenzo expected Rossi to be quite as competitive on his return which probably gave him the hump..he'll be number one rider at Ducati at least.... I reckon they'll regret losing Ianonne, he'll only get better... Dovi is safe for for a few points but I'd put money on Iannone consistently outscoring Dovi on the Duc and going forward the Suzi..

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I think its because Dovi is way more involved in the bike development than Ianone and will keep the development on track as Lorenzo gets to grip with it. I get the impression that Dovi can easily give detailed feedback and analysis whereas Iannone is more just a fast rider.

20. It'll be interesting to see what Lorenzo does with the Ducati. His style looks so smooth when you see it live.
    Let's hope he can get it to the flag first and if/when he does what will that tell you about Dovi?

I read that they had dropped Iannone and he didn't jump.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens in the Ducati camp for the rest of this season.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information