1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Think Of Emma Raducanu.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mary Hinge, Jan 23, 2022.

1. How did she win a major? She’s shite! :laughing:

Discuss :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Right place ,right time I guess.never watched her play so can’t really comment on your in depth analysis . I notice we now have a mens alpine ski gold medal winner too so good things come to those who wait. Mind you the shambles that is our cricket team are keeping us grounded ffs

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Gotta be a confidence factor. Playing carefree and confidently one minute, win a major, then BAM!- the U.K. media camping on your front garden 24/7. It’s obviously done her nut in, poor lass.

4. Plus as soon as she wins……let’s change coach,oh hang on let’s not have a coach, oh alright I’ll try a different one!

fair play, she has achieved something I will never achieve……….winning a ladies tennis match

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. She was lucky. And the adulation has gone to her head.

6. More impressed with David Ryding wining gold in skiing than Raducanu. He’s been around a bit longer, been on the podium in the past so seems not to be a flash in the pan. I ski (no where near that level) and know how hard it is on the body so well done to him. Mind you, I’m absolutely shit at tennis (that’s why I don’t play it) so she'd mop the floor with me. Can’t believe she got sports personality of the year for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Even more impressive when you consider we are a lowland nation that doesn’t get snow of any consequence, and that he learned to ski on the dry slopes of Pendle and Rossendale :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Always with the hidden meanings , subtle hints and shades , mysterious words and phrases ....

Can't you just come right out and say what you really mean .... ?
    .... if only the one time ?

:):):)

#8 oldtech, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Never heard of her.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. You know me, tongue in cheek :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. You are joking? With the lucky thing?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Yep, cos ya gotta be chite to win a grand slam and just win it by luck, cos we’ll ya know that’s how sports are won.:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Well obviously since she won one competition the British public and media will expect her to win every competition for the next 10yrs, if she couldn’t handle the pressure at Wimbledon before she won anything and for the majority was unheard of, how is she going to handle it now she has?

14. Tennis aside she is kinda cute.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. You don't think a slightly over-eager media and image obsessed population might have just got a little ahead of themselves in hailing her as the new sport wunderkind?

Sadly for her, it will be the same people who destroy her when she trips up.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. I've only ever been interested in Sabatini and Lisicki.

17. Take the game up, go for gender reassignment (or just identify as a woman) once you get into mens top 500 and you’ll be a major winner in no time :upyeah: Go for it: everyone has to have dreams..

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Anna Konnikova for me:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. She’s a rarity in that as Brit she’s actually won something for that alone she is a wonder kid. But she has a long way to go to be a true great.

They will but that isn’t merely confined to her we do it on a nationwide scale across all sports, we only like our heroes when we can knock them down.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Not a rarity, though, in being a Brit sports person born in Canada, with Romanian and Chinese parentage (or variations thereof).

If she married Greg Rusedski and they moved to the Moon to start a family, we'd claim their kids were British.

What we should do is present all above-average sportspersons British citizenship if they pass through Heathrow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information