1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Expat Jack, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Sold my z900RS this morning and then hot-footed down to the triumph dealer to strike a season end bargain on a used bike.

I went in thinking if I get the right deal I am going to buy a Street triple 765RS. But, it just did not grab me. I think it might be the colour, matt grey. Anyway, got me thinking about what I want:

1. Not an out and out sports bike (got them already)
    2. Something I can use and abuse throughout the year
    3. Reasonably fast
    4. Reasonably cheap to run
    5. Must be capable of the odd track day or 6
    6. Max £7 - £7.5k - so used
    7. Reliable, dont want any fuss from this bike

Hence why I think the Street Triple 765 (not the old 675!) is a good choice.

Any alternatives spring to mind?

Cheers.

2. Honda C90's are apparently going for that kind of money :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. And Fizzies

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. so many would tick a lot of your boxes, but probably not all - KTM 690 Supermoto?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I am short so have always been put off this kind of bike but, I have never even tried to sit on one. I do like the hooligan image though TBH

6. There's so many bikes that might suit you...

fantic.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Yamaha mt09??

8. Does she come with it? If so, I will take it. Don’t wrap it, it’s fine as it is.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Possibly, just not very special.

Think it’s going to be the Trumpet but black. But keep the suggestions coming please.

10. Sell you my husaberg 650 for 7 k if you like ;):p

11. Good choice as it’s probably only worth 1500 quid tops

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. gixxer 750? they've stopped making them now but plenty are around. Chuck on track plastics and it will do it all day long, use standard plastics and it's reliable to use every day and cheap to repair and maintain.

13. VERY tempting, but, its another sports bike.

14. I thought about that but it isn't quite the supersports which you already have I believe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. KTM 990 SMR. Best bike I've ever owned and can do it all.

16. OK, OK, I think I need to have a look at the KTM range. Never even sat on one but fear they are too tall for me. But, there is a dealer fairly close, so I will go take a look-see.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information