1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT What Exhaust Gives A Deeper Rumble ?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rivercop, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Only thing I've done is drill out the butterfly valve on the bike ... Other than that its standard.

Removing the valve has increased the noise but its still not to my liking. I like a deep V-Twin rumble not decibels.

So my question is ... What aftermarket exhaust will give the best 'Ducati' sound ? ... Bear in mind I can't afford the Termi system. Don't know about decat'ing the bike as I don't want louder just deeper.

Someone mentioned the MIVV exhausts but the ones I've seen sit higher up so you can't use the panniers - Which is no good to me.

2. You need a decat pipe,...

3. Arrow decat pipe & can

4. I have the arrow decat and can. Sounds nice. There are a few clips of it on here somewhere I think. Failing that it's definitely on YouTube.

5. 1) There will be zero sound change without removing the cat. You install whatever slip on muffler your heart desires; it will make no difference other than looks and a lighter wallet.

2) I have the Mivv Suono w/ decat and the panniers fit fine. It actually has more clearance than the factory muffler, plus it sounds amazing.

6. Be interesting to see what you settle for, as I may go down the same route. I understand the arrow system is good, and having seen some pics on here very recently, it certainly looks the bollox :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Hi Guys I fitted the Arrow Titanium Works and decat this week and as previous posts - thanks Wayne ;) Im really chuffed!! I also removed the baffle today and its even better!!! not really any louder if that makes sense, but just alot deeper at idol, sublime!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I've seen the Suono can (Love the all black one) sold by itself but not with the decat pipes. Did you buy separately ?

9. Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere - does anyone know of a 2 into 2 system (decat) for the DVT?

10. cart2cart-qd-magnum-mts-1200-system-2.jpeg

They are called QD :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks, but it's not really a 2 into 2...its a 2 into 1 into 2

12. oh ok, don't think I have ever seen a full 2 into 2 ? Maybe someone else can help whi has owned or seen one ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thanks Wayne, I haven't seen one either, hence the question ;)
    I'm sure there must be performance (and or practical) reasons why one doesn't seem to exist.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I am with Wayne, I have had the full Termi, an Arrow with decat, and the Quat D I have now is simply the ultimate Multi exhaust system.
    Jon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. And before anyone says... it is not just because of the avatars. It is because of the deep bass, the looks, the overrun sound, the quality of manufacture.........
    Jon.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. If it's used for touring then worth thinking about how that exhaust will sound to your ears after a couple of thousand miles over a week, or while trying to pootle through a small French market town on a Sunday morning :D

17. I had the qd twin exhaust on my streetfighter , quality piece of kit . Better made than the terminogni.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I was in the main dealers just the other day, and was talking to one of the tech blokes, and he said "the Termi is grossly overpriced" and the map that comes with it can be bought from the company Upmap for 99 quid (he didn't say this too loudly by the way, it's just a mate of mine that works in the stealership), so I still don't get why the Termi is 1800 quids ??

#19 Wayne58, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2017
  19. I've had the QD on my 2010 multi from almost new, it's still looks great n going strong and sounds bloody fantastic!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information