1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is The Best European Trackday?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Haydn, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Thinking of doing a european trackday this winter. Just wondered which are the better ones and whether the package is better with either FE or NL?

Your thoughts and experience much appreciated.

Thanks
    Haydn

2. Tracksense :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

3. From what I am told, FE dont even crate bikes and are difficult to get to take responsibility when they damage anything. NL for me not tried the others

4. NL. Also done FE; but NL much better IMHO...

5. I used Prospeed.de for a track day in Spain over the winter months, just meant brining the bike to Germany for the loading into trucks and then fly down later on.

6. Thanks for the advice with which company to use. If you were only going to do this once which track tops them all? Mugello?

7. NL for their crating system. Works well IMO, you can take plenty of kit.

When you're there, it's all the same, a briefing, a chat and a ride... You have to accept they have to go through the H&S stuff.

I've ridden Portimao, Spa and Jerez (multiple times) and they all have their amazing things about them.

Winter, I'd rule out Spa....

Jerez is awesome... But Portimao has the elevation changes and hotel by the beach with plenty of bars.

If I had to pick one.... Portimao.

8. What is the best European track day? One where you don't chuck your bike in the kitty litter :)

9. Hopefully it's Jerez as im off there in about 4 weeks :cool:

10. I dont think you'll manage to get onto the Mugello trips this year, they looked sold out when I was checking recently. We really want to do it next year although it's more expensive than the Spanish ones. Jerez, Portimao and Almeria are all a good bet weather wise as they are in the south and amazing tracks.
    NoLimits are the better bike transport arrangements. We had an awesome time in Almeria with FE recently but they are definately not as well organised.

11. Make sure you use the best tyres too, plenty of posts about that

Also use the best oil - ditto, wear the best fitting leathers, ditto, and helmet, ditto
    To avoid disappointment fit the best battery, and if yer nervous go with the best insurance company

The week before, get the bike serviced by the best dealer in your area - see above

Just don't expect to find an answer to any of the above in a hurry. Unless of course you need some wry observations on which is the best colour :upyeah:
    In which case you might need the best physiotherapist, as you'll surely bust a couple of ribs and strain your chuckle muscles with all the mirth it creates;)

12. Tracksense are by far the best I've gone with. A bit more expensive but well worth it. They run a live lap timing system which is addictive! And 'fun' races. And none of that OTT sighting laps shite.

13. Keep it simple & do one lap at a time of 'the ring' germany.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Which circuit is best depends a bit on the bike you have. Smaller tracks suit smaller bikes. I've done Mugello, Misano, Portimao, Almeria, Magny Cours, Jerez and the Nurburgring on my D16. Bits of Mugello are awesome but ultimately my favourite was Portimao - it is like a roller coaster cross between Cadwell and Donny. I prefer No Limits to Focussed Events but would be happy to use either if they are going to the track I want on dates that suit me.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information