1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is The Comfiest Seat Out There For 848 Sf?

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by DRR117, Jan 5, 2020.

1. I’m in need of a comfort seat of some description for the 848 for a road trip to mugello next year. Just tried a wild ass sport gel pad and it’s not for me.

anyone any recommendations for a decent seat to take the edge of the stock seat and if it stops me sliding, balls first into the tank aswell; that would be super!

2. The original DP comfort seat is just a bit higher at the front and all day comfortable, doesn’t slide either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. That would be good. Can’t seem to find any for sale tho. Might call the dealers and see if Ducati still make them

4. DP Seat with new cover C96284BA-B561-48EC-BC3C-1CAA9AB5AFF1.jpeg 4240D624-820F-42D5-B491-6486750BBDEA.jpeg 0364E13F-4E74-4B2C-98D0-EB504AC0060C.jpeg 158E43E1-CBB5-4C28-9531-36E162B9F138.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. [QUOTE="fight the streets fmd,
    doesn’t slide either.[/QUOTE]
    Couldnt get on with it tbh, like to move about on bike, much prefer standard seat. Horses for courses I suppose.

6. It’ll be very warm. Your ball’s will sweat. They’ll stick to the seat. No problem sliding ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Buy yourself some bum implants.:grinning:
    C8CB2E59-9944-4704-AB07-0394A91287F2.png

8. In one word. No

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Perfect, thanks. Just found another thread that came to the same summary :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bit late here - but I am also looking for a supply of the DP Seat - did / does anyone know if there still available or even a part number ?
    Thanks

11. I would be intersted in that as well.

12. Why don’t you talk to a local vehicle/seat upholsterer and ask if they can help?

I’ve had both my V2 and Scrambler seats reupholstered and had gel inserts put in both............and they’re ace :upyeah:

13. I wear decent thickness padded cycling shorts under my kit 100% of my riding time, and have done for maybe 15 yrs or more.
    They can add hours to the bum limit when touring, without the expense or shite aesthetics of many modified/padded seats.

14. Thanks for the advice - I might see who is local to me who might be able to customise the oem seat - been looking at the sargent seat also but I wanted a slight bit of extra height as I am 6'2" not lower which I think the Sargent one is. I'll keep looking - I found a superpole one on ebay if anyone is interested but its used and not sure on condition - I'll keep researching and post here if i come up with anything

15. Just had a look through the official Ducati Performance Accessories Catalogue from 2009 and they only list the racing seat as an option. The performance seat may have been added later in their line up. Will check some other old catalogues to see if there is anything listed with a part number.

16. Get a custom one made with one of these inside!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I got the Sargent. I’m 6’1. Toured Europe with it and it was great.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information