1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 What Is This Pipe? (19)

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Daniel Shepheard, Sep 28, 2020.

1. *Pipe is number 19 on diagram*

Hi All,

Apologies if this seems like a daft question, bikes almost put back together but I can't for the life of me figure out where it's supposed to connect too? Tried watching a few videos that appear to show both cylinder heads connected to a valve then back to airbox? But still quite unsure. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Screenshot_20200928-085433_Drive.jpg

2. It’s an air box vent/drain.
    It connects to the air box and the lower end with the flat lips vents to air.

3. Thanks for reply Ricky.

Some reason I thought it was connected to this 'fume cannister' as shown at 0.43 onwards?here - not something I have on my bike?

4. Only in America probably :thinkingface:

5. mine had one.. it's a daft idea as it's almost impossible for it not to get cosy with front cylinder exhaust pipe at some point, as no structure in place (or practically possible) to suspend/hold away from same. I repaired mine just for the second one to also get frizzled away.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My one fits snugly between oil cooler and vee piece so no frazzlage occurs!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information