1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT What Is This Thing ?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by HootOwl, Jan 18, 2020.

1. On the front of my Multi 1200 DVT engine is this thing. Just below the radiator It looks like its covered in grease, but it is actually a grey silicone (I think).

Can anyone tell me what it is please ? I was wondering why the P.O had gone to the trouble of covering it like this ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. It looks a lot like the fairing on a 1000cc Mk1 Multistrada.

: o (

I'm sorry, I'll be good. Sorry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. That's the top of you coil stick isn't it :eyes:
    Your spark plug is under there...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Looks like the coil to me. With goop on it to protect from water ingress.

Should have gotten a Mk1 Multi - so ugly, they repel water along with everything else.

Sorry. I mean it this time, I am so sorry.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. That is what I thought but hesitated yo say! I assumed that the op knew where their spark plugs were!!!!

6. I deserved that one, quite right, @Birdie .

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. lol - I only got the bike delivered yesterday. I now feel a complete twat for asking a dumb question, but thankyou for the answers :D :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. To be fair (which I am not!) if you only just got the bike, then why should you know? you have a Ducati and that is all that matters...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Oi! It was a design classic, ahead of its time :cool:
    IMG_0457.JPG

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. This is not a coil on plug, it's just a common spark plug boot. You should clean all the grease off it, it will do nothing but attract dirt

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Only people confident of their masculinity rode fugleys, all the mincers rode 1200's/1260's because they think they are on a spectrum :D

12. i think its silicon noy grease and the coil stick is inside the casing? i think... all my bikes are old..

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. the design was ahead of its time? more like an arse of its time....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. fin has one....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. It looks like silicon sealant has been applied to seal a cut or split in the rubber boot....maybe

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. He wears a skirt, only a matter of time before he goes to a 1200/60

• WTF WTF x 1
  17. Er erm!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. If you get caught in the rain and it starts misfiring like a pig then that could be the culprit.

Not the pig, the cap...

It could be the pig, but, and it's a big but....... you'll be lucky to spot it..;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Yeah, its silicone sealant not grease :)
    Maybe it was a split cap, maybe its just a precaution, I dunno. :confused:
    I plan on leaving it alone (at least for now), I always find not messing with stuff like that is preferable where possible :D
    I am busy doing the usual new bike thing anyway, I can't get and ride cos its crap out and I have not taxed it yet, so cleaning and fitting new bolt-on goodies instead. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. That is some evolution is that!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information