1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Level Of Technology Do You Prefer ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alan williams, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Comments in the Chiz tour thread about using maps rather than sat nav got me thinking.

What level of tech do you like ?

Full on, abs / traction control etc on the bike, sat nav and all the home automation ?
    Tech on the bike, and a smart phone but that’s it ?
    Nothing, it’s just something else to go wrong ?

2. Err, option 3 or is it c? damn technology.....

• Like Like x 2
  3. III). All you need is a saddle, tank, engine, two wheels and handlebars, and a star to steer it by!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Sat Nav.

Thread closed.

5. If I want to ride a computer, I'd shag a robot.

6. What about bike tech and home tech ?

7. All bollocks :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. You’re a big fan then ?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. It’s all great till it goes wrong/doesn’t work systems down

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. everything. but everything must have an off switch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. how many times had i heard my grandfathers voice saying. "them fancy electric windows are sure to go wrong".

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. For example my doctors surgery last week had s few days down for patient access no one could access it
    They had to bring in more receptionists to deal with backlog of repeat prescriptions on Monday

13. Maps have their place both in the planning stage and on the road. Sat nav allows decent progress, and with proper planning maybe using aforesaid paper maps, across roads that would otherwise require frequent stops to check where you are/where you're going on a map.

Not a slave to either but with limited time for trips sat nav, used properly, makes for a better trip, IMHO. Of course if you want adventure and have the time then set off with just a map.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I know where I'm going and how to get there; I know how to slow down and stop in a car or on a bike (and fall off); I don't ride with a phone that is switched on, because I don't want anything to disturb my attention away from the road; and at home I can set my heating to come on when I want it to; plus I can get off my arse and switch a light on or off (and find the TV remote.....(TV which incidentally isn't connected to my PC).

• Like Like x 2
  15. Toothbrush, wash bag and GPS.

Spare pants & socks job jobbed' I can navigate by the stars if needs must.

16. Uncle Albert?

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Yes, I know what you mean - but for me it’s fun to have a ‘gadget’ to help.
    Interestingly it wasn’t that long ago that you’d have to get up to change channels on the TV, I doubt anyone would consider getting a telly with no remote control now.

18. especially if there was oil or black ice on the carpet.

#18 finm, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. The more tech the better for me, don't have a clue how to use it but bragging rights are ace :cool:, I love the term "lean on the electronics and the bike will take care of itself", yea right .

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Why do those have to be two different things?

• WTF WTF x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information