1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Levers ??

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Felstmiester, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Broke end of my clutch lever so need replacements. Prices all over the place on the internet. Some as much as £300 some as little as £40. What you guys using?

2. I use biketek ones bud. Not bad quality and there £80 a set. Or failing that I use pazzo levers but there £140 a set I belive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have been using these for a while now and love them. Don't have to pay crazy prices for these.
    The link is on the video description .

4. Anything apart from shite Chinese cheap shit ones

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Well, they have worked perfectly since I’ve had them.
    If you want to spend a lot more for the same results, your choice.
    I have other guys I ride with that have these and love them.

6. When you are sat on your arse after your front wheel has lock solid tell me how wonderful they are then seen it too many times, brakes save lives so why buy cheap imitation ones

7. Keep hearing about it never seen it yet, no issue with rear sets or levers

• Agree Agree x 1

9. I think most failures happen due to improper bike care. Some people never check or regrease anything and expect things to work forever. If these are properly cared for, like greasing them once or twice a year they will work just fine.

I have friends that have been using them for years without problems. But then again, they clean and check the bikes regularly .

I have always been very careful what I add to my bikes, and this was one of them. I did a lot of research and found that the reasons people had problem were due to improper installation and or care after installation. Some of the bikes I looked at where these things failed where absolutely filthy. Bikes never washed and never looked after and were mostly left outside in the rain and such. I guarantee that if you do the same to the high end expensive levers, the same will happen.
    So to say that these are shitty levers is just ignorance . Research goes a long way. Some people just go by big names and that's ok.. But try to understand that every accessory that we add to the bike is just as good as how well we take care of them afterwords. How can you expect these levers to work if they were never greased when installed. I asked someone who was complaining about them sticking and he said he didn't know that they needed to be greased when installed. So yeah, 6 months later they were sticking. Some people, probably not their fault just don't know this and just put them on.
    Another guy said that he left his bike outside and didn't clean the rubber boot before installing the new levers. Well, if you install the high end levers this way , the same will happen.

I am going by what I have experienced with my friends and my own experience with these. Like I said, I have done lots of research on these and am very happy with the results. Mine work like the first day I installed them, probably because after having them for 5 months I just decided to put some grease on them which took about 5 min on each side.

#11 jose, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Shite not shitty, Do they come with a any guarantee TUV Approved Precision-sealed bearings in pivot guarantee against breakage? I would guess you swap them because you like the looks of then and not because they are safer than Brembo’s ones which are also adjustable for reach. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on fitting unsafe levers against quality guaranteed ones especially when you spend thousands on a new bike and then put cheap Chinese inferior parts on it.

11. Two crash bike crash video’s on youtube, yep that proves that buying Chinese is dangerous. Or not.

12. Does this help you understand?

13. This video did nothing when I got my levers . Yes I have seen it, those are totally different levers than what I have my friend, what product do you think he is trying to promote?? Pretty obvious isn’t it?. I bet he gets all kinds of discounts and probably gets those free just for advertising. I wasn’t born yesterday, I know how these YouTube videos get products for free.
    I am good with these levers, no problems at all .
    Negative video’s can be found on a just about anything you buy. If I had watched the 2 or 3 videos of most products, cars , bikes computers and so on, I would own nothing. Hell, even on the Hypermotard there are few bad reviews, really? If these videos scare you , then obviously don’t buy them. Like I said, I know plenty of guys using these for years without problems. If you like spending a lot more money for the exact same result, have at it.
    I’ll keep enjoying my so called shit levers .
    Care is everything, one of the guys I know uses his bike every single day as it is his only mode of transportation. He has had absolutely no issues with his so called shit levers.. proof is everything, if I can see it in person after so many years, it’s pretty obvious that the product works.
    Just because of a couple of videos you want everyone to go spend a lot more money for a name, really?. I guess those companies promote well.
    Of course anything else will never compare, which is totally false.

For anyone thinking about these, do yourself a favor and do some research and you will be surprised. Or you can watch a 1% of owners who had a problem and go with that.
    I bet there are just as many video’s on high end levers if you look hard enough.
    Name brand or not research before you take it from someone who watches a video and makes up his mind that that is the only product to buy. I bet QVC is his go to channel.. After all, everything you see in a video is the truth, right?? Wow.. I should start selling just about everything I own, seriously?

#15 jose, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I lost the will to live as soon as he opened his mouth. I could easily make a two bitvideo for pootube slagging anything off. I’ve been using Chinese levers on road and race bikes for years and have had zero issues so going from personal experience I’m happy to use them.

#16 Drinky, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2020
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  15. Some people are just brainwashed about something just because of a couple of videos. Totally agree with you on this. The levers I got are awesome, I refuse to spend a bunch of money for the exact same result just because of a name.

#17 jose, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2020
  16. Yet you spend a lot of money on a bike and make shitty videos about it, you’re a funny bloke lol

17. So if I spent a a lot of money on a bike, I need to put the most expensive accessories on it ? What are you thinking? Man, you really are brainwashed..
    Glad to hear your not a fan, don’t tune in. QVC is a better place for you, enjoy..

#19 jose, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  18. I have an asv shorty if you’re interested

Do Not Sell My Personal Information