1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Litre Track Bike?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Advikaz, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Guys I'm looking to buy a new bike, for track only...

Plenty of considerations but what (New) bike would you buy for track ?

Just FYI I can get a s1000rr for trade price!.. whereas I'd be paying retail for anything else. Which does obviously have an impact... just wondering if the semi active on the s1k will be any good for heavy track work..

Thoughts?

2. Depends a bit on what tracks you're thinking of riding. There are quite a few tracks where a litre bike might be almost overkill... A scratchy track like Cadwell might suit a 750 or even a 600 very well. Must be a few deals on GSXR750 / CBR600 / R6 about, what with the end of / new model switcheroo in progress?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Buy my k2 1000 cracking track bike!! OK not new but still very capable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Will mainly be brands. But I'm pretty heavy and 6ft3. I have found 600's feeling, dare I say it.. slow?

Budget is 15k max & I want it new, engineer by trade and enjoy modifiying stuff.

5. If I could get an S1000RR for trade, I'd probably go that route.

Edited after you posted budget. For that you could get a very well sorted ZX10R or Beemer that has all the right extra track toys.

6. I'd let my k2 go for 10k and you could spend 5 on it! :tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'd just gone into great length when others posted and then you said Brands. 1098/1198 will do both Indie and GP, awesome bike without the noise limit issues of the Panigale. Andy

8. That cat c 1198SP on eBay would do the trick.

9. An s1000rr at trade?

Easy decision, buy it.

They're weapons, nobody can really argue that and let's face it, you'll only be pissed off the first time one comes flying past :)

10. That's fair enough, the S1000RR is unlikely to disappoint, I'd love one or one of those S1000XRs for the road... they sound good too *opens sterile IL4 vs V2 / V4 engine configuration can o' worms*

11. In a nut shell

My pal works for BMW motorrad and can organise me a full spec bike for the same as what the dealer buys them in for... which is why it's such an option.

Think it's something like 3k+ off of the rrp, may have even been more.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Would you like to be friends? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. That depends what you can get off a Panigale R for him....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. :D

I sort of keep thinking about buying a BMW... hence my mammoth FS thread. That's the XR / GS consolidation project. I want a holiday bike and although a BMW for that is a massive cliche, the shaft-drive of a GS is alluring, as is the bonkers Jekyll and Hyde of the XR... I'd actually love an RR for the road myself, but it's too fast and too focused... I think.

I'll shut up, I'm thread hijacking!! :eek:

15. If I was working (hopefully soon) I'd be tempted by the blue slab side...

• Like Like x 1
  16. panni for me,, ( if you can get the wheel barrow exhausts.. )

17. I've got an 899 ATM ...

18. 24 hours ?

19. if i owned the ATM i would buy that..

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information