1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster/Monster+ What Panniers Are Riders Using ?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Android853sp, Mar 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We have a couple of European trips in the calendar this year and with the new Monster arriving in just over a month, it is time to look at panniers. I have never been a fan of throw over bags except for the SW Motech ‘Blaze’ system but it is not available for the 937. Nothing in the Ducati range and I have to say, I’m not impressed by their pillion seat bag, bloody cat’s cradle of fixing straps. Anyway, anyone else planning on touring their 937 and found panniers ? Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Thank you for the link. Ventura currently only offer a rear rack/top box mount. Andy

3. I have blaze panniers an Kreiga bags for the rear of the 1098
    I wanted to fit the blaze panniers to my F4 but they don't make a fixing kit.
    I ordered the "blocks" from SW £30 now in the process of making the brackets to fit where passenger foot pegs are. Using the same arms from the 1098

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Be interested to see how you get on. Andy

5. I've never owned a Monster, but recently I was considering a Supersport for touring that was not included on the Ventura website at the time, so I emailed them asking if they had anything that would be suitable. They replied with a list of their fittings and luggage that would fit the Ducati, which was helpful. However, I decided on a BMW instead!
    Good luck.
    Tom.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Thanks. Did see that but would prefer not to go down that route. Andy

7. Hi Andy, I have some Shad panniers which should fit the new monster. I used them for my Scottish trip in 2020 but have since bought the “proper” Ducati (read expensive) ones. The Shad panniers fit using a small frame using 2 bolts under the tail piece. If your interested I can post some photos?

They aren’t water proof, I have sprayed some Autoglym water proofing on them but I’d use after proof inners. I use some back pack liners in my Ducati panniers.

Edit. Just looked at some photos of the new Monster, those pipes are quite high!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. In case you’re interested

7898B980-99EA-4459-8231-9D3F3125FFEB.jpeg BE44D2C2-8065-4877-9AEA-67EA465FCE20.jpeg 7D88DA18-5F49-42B5-98C3-9DAF69033E7B.jpeg 004DE95D-04F7-45F6-91E2-7731C0855C08.jpeg FCD1EBFE-3DBB-4F47-87E3-7A0A29A5EA4F.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. @Vader, the bike will have the Termignoni full system fitted so no idea what that actually looks like in comparison the std exhaust. If you still have the frame and bags come delivery time, currently May ‘22, we may well be having a chat :D Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Have a look on hepco and Becker
    I just put a set on my Diavel 1260.
    Fit well, robust. I chose these as the shad panniers required drilling.
    I picked the Roysters up with a monster fitting kit but buying second hand worked out cheaper, all I needed new was the mounting kit and I got that from eBay with 20% sale offer

11. I looked at these, thought they were a bit pricey.

12. The Monster/Monster+, 937cc does not appear in their list of bikes. Thank you for the link though. Andy

13. Yeah no problem Andy. No rush to sell, they need to go to a good home

• Like Like x 1
  14. I got lucky

15. @Android853sp
    I had the Blaze on my Monster. Nice product. I only sold them because I bought a Multistrada with the OEM Panniers.
    20180814_184257.jpg

16. #18 duke63, Apr 1, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Been into Ducati Glasgow today as I’m working close by, they had a used Monster in there with SW Motech panniers, they are tiny! Just enough room in one of them for Andy’s wallet!

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Hepco Becker do C-Bow frames and 16 litre Street side bags that look pretty good. I've gone for the Sport Rack that replaces the pillion seat as I prefer to strap a Roll bag on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information