1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Really Boils My P1$$

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by shakeys dad, Aug 2, 2019.

1. I recently bought an 1198 from someone who is mostly a car dealer, and had a problem with it within the first week. Now the guy who I bought it from straight away said take it to a dealer to sort out, which is is fair enough, no problem with him although it's an 80 mile round trip. What really gets on my tits is the dealer saying we will call you later /tomorrow, and they don't. Not just once but twice.

2. Plonk it on the dealers forecourt, tell him to deal with it, and oh a courtesy bike please.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Change dealers?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. That attitude seems fairly common with dealers at this time of year .

I bought my bike new from Bologna 20 years ago and drove it to the Netherlands , where I was living at the time .
    It needed the first service ( oil change and "shakedown" inspection ) 2 days later and the Dutch dealer said they were fully booked and could only help if I had bought the bike from them .
    Came to UK and got the same story from 3 different dealers , with the earliest possible date being 3 months ahead .

One of them called me a nutter , for driving 2000 miles in 3 days :)

It put me off Ducati dealers for good , and I now avoid them like the plague .
    But I hope you get a more satisfactory result !

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thread title amended

6. thanks i was disgusted ........
    ps you better check my latest thread

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Non ducati dealer it's luck of the draw with that type of outfit this days.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. It was a ducati dealer, not who I bought it from, but who is looking at the bike and not calling

9. Do we know this wonderful dealer out of interest:thinkingface:

10. Jesus, what was it before? unless you mean you made it worse?

11. This is why when out of warranty, I tend to use independents

12. No offence but is this a dealer you have a relationship with? At this time of year they are balls to the wall and won't just drop everything for a 'random'.

Not sure what you are expecting ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wasn't expecting them to drop anything, just didn't like being told we will call you at a certain time and they don't. Not much to ask in my opinion

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Im now a plumber, you want to try getting us to call back lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ha! Try getting a plumber to do ADT!

16. Or AirCon at this time of year.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Is it because of Brexit? Asking for a friend :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  18. Just had the same crap service from a BMW dealer sorting my car out. Dropped off as booked on Friday last week, “we’ll call you when it’s done”... well gets to just gone 5pm, no call, so I phone, greeted by an “off” receptionist who sounded like she could care less, wait on the phone for five mins and eventually get confirmation it’s done at about 5.15. Dealer is 45 mins away ( I live in the sticks ish) and traffic sucks so I’m not going to make closing time. I ask if I can collect my car Saturday morning and return their loan car - cue snotty receptionist “yes but it must be 8.30 not later” ... ok... Arrive Saturday morning at 8.30 prompt, had to wait 45 mins to be seen... service guy knows nothing about what’s been done and just gives me my keys... chased twice today, promised call backs, nothing. Errr, customer service? As the car is leased I got the survey today asking what I thought... wasn’t pretty...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Haha nice :)

20. Audi was just as bad for me!

Went into a large dealer here in Essex which was a few miles away as they had a larger stock selection than the local dealer. I looked around the forecourt and saw a few cars that I wanted to have a closer look at, so made my way to reception. After the receptionist had finished playing Minesweeper, I was told that all the sales staff were busy all afternoon. No "if you wait they might squeeze you in" or even a "would you like to book an appointment for another day", just a "fuck off we're busy" kind of statement. So we left.

Back home and at the local dealer we looked around and they had a car which was about right. The receptionist was really helpful this time; yes the sales staff were busy but let me get the keys for you sir so you can have a sit inside... much better. Finally the sale guy came over and sat us down to talk money. We discussed finance (I didn't want it - Tesco loans are cheaper) but he wanted to quote us anyway, along with the 5 optional extra packages for covering the wheels, the glass, the paint, breakdown and servicing. Then he went to look at ours for a trade in, and took forever. Then he came back and gave us a quote (which I nearly laughed out loud at given the piss poor trade in and £3k of extras on top of the car plus the 18.9% finance rate) and said that I wasn't interested in any of that, just tell me the cheapest price for the car. Then he did the "let me just go talk to my manager" bullshit sales tactic, so I rolled my eyes and told the kids to fill their pockets with the free flapjack and sweets from the waiting area. When he finally came back, I said that I was interested but would be arranging my own finance (which would only take a couple of days) and he agreed to call me in the week to discuss further.

I never got a phone call. Nothing.

The weird thing was that the car went from the forecourt, so they must have sold it. That's fine - first to put their money down pays - but how do you let someone with £45k to spend walk away and not follow up with a phonecall? "Sorry sir but we sold that car. Here's some alternatives that are more expensive so we can upsell you..." would have been a start. But nothing! If this is how they treat someone who wants to spend a large chunk of cash, it doesn't bode well for servicing or warranty problems. So Audi dealers are now also on my shit list.

Madness.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information