1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 What Rider Mode/settings Do You Ride With? Urban/motorways

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JRosc, Jun 24, 2022.

1. I believe my bike currently has all default settings on the riding modes, but I'm looking to customize now that I got a bit more acquainted with the machine.
    I would say personally in the city I like to switch between sport/wet modes, just because it feels like I'm riding two different bikes. Wet mode makes me feel like I'm on a 500cc Ducati with Panigale skin :D Does anyone know if I ride with rapidbike, does that interfere with it at all that I'm switching between the modes? As I believe the autotune gets adjusted every 100km?
    The one issue I have with it, is the traction is obviously set to max, so I'm thinking instead of race mode, which I pretty much never use because of the lack of engine braking, I would make "urban" mode, which would be like wet mode and traction set to 4-5.
    Also what I read online is that you can set engine power, but also throttle response? However I watched this video () , and I don't see anywhere setting for throttle response, only "Engine = HIGH". I will have to investigate on my bike I guess.
    Lastly, is there a reason why I wouldn't want to have ABS set to max? I believe 3 is max, but on sport mode from what I've seen it's set at 2.

2. I just leave mine in 'Race'. Job jobbed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 1299 - Race mode 100% of the time. i have a RB Evo and its fine. ABS1, EBC off (this means full engine break, i have ebc on toggle, so i can change this as i go), DTC3, cant remember the others.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Might have to give EBC off a shot, I think by factory min is 1 on wet/sport. I heard this bike has crazy engine brake, I think I haven't experienced it yet fully

5. WET IS EBC3 i think. 1 is nearly full engine break. 2 is sport. 3 is wet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Owner's manual should give all rider-modes information, default settings, etc. Electronic copy should be available via Ducati.com
    There's probably a 'Default' reset available on the settings menu to take you back to standard if you need it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have/had my 959 in sport. It’s just a little more compliant than race for me.

all settings out of the box, nothing changed from standard.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Race mode from day 1, with the EBC backed off a touch iirc :thinkingface: ?
    Only tried Wet mode once,….terrible! ..felt like a bike that was about to run out of petrol :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. I tried my Hyper in wet/urban mode once while out for a ride with a (loony) mate. Had the throttle hard to the stop trying to keep up, not remembering that I'd put it in that mode just to try it

10. When I got my 1299, sport mode had the reduced engine power set, wet i think. I never noticed and I rode around like this for a few days. A bit underwhelmed after my 1198. Once i flicked it into race mode, jaysus...

11. Also this might be stupid question, but the engine mode "high" and "low", how does it work exactly? Does it just alter the fuel mixture? It would make sense, but as an experiment I once tried riding with the wet mode till I run out of petrol, and other time in normal sport mode, and I noticed no difference in MPG. For example if I'm at 6k RPM in wet mode vs 6k RPM in sport mode, I would expect different petrol consumption because of the reduced power?
    I'll probably get laughed at for this question, but last bike I had was zx6r, and the power mode was throttle limit o_O

12. I’ve done the same when my mate bought his 2021 Tuono, he asked me at the stop if I thought his was any quicker. My KTM was in Rain mode, I was having to in my eyes thrash the fck out me 790 just to keep up. I told him the Tuono must be a vast improvement over his 2021 model, never had the heart to tell him the why.:D

Never touch rain mode any longer so can’t repeat the error.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Interesting question. It's likely a mapping change to produce lower/higher power. Twistgrip response with a ride-by-wire system (l don't know the 899) is based on the rate of twist (high acceleration twist = aggressive power delivery) as interpreted by the system software.
    The ECU manufacturer (or YouTube, etc) may have info for a better explanation...

Something like this (really annoying hyped-up voice, but hey....):

#13 Keith_P, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
Do Not Sell My Personal Information