1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel What Seat Do I Have ....

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Carbon749, May 25, 2017.

1. Sorry for the numpty question, but, which seat(s) do I have ???

The bike came with a leather effect seat, with rows of stitching over the riders seat, I've not had the seat cowl off, so I have no idea what the pillion seat looks like.

Today, the dealer sent me a few bits that I should have had when they dropped of the bike. Included in the parts is a seat that has a "carbon effect" on the sides, with no stitching across the riders seat.

Do I know have a standard seat and a "comfort" seat? if so, which is which ???

Diavel seat 1.jpg Diavel seat 2..jpg

2. Have you considered sitting on them to determine which one is more comfortable?

I suspect upper one is standard and lower one comfort. Just by looking at them.

3. To be honest, with the performance of the dealer so far, I may even have a seat from a Gen 1 bike ... not the best aftersales service I've had.

4. The loose seat is identical to our MY 2012 Gen 1 base Diavel. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi Andy, why does that not surprise me.

The dealer was great to do the deal with, but the back up has been terrible. They seem to have no idea what they are doing once they have sold the bike. First and last time I'm going there!!!

6. First pic is standard seat for Gen1
    Second pic is standard seat for Gen2

• Like Like x 1
  7. Top ones same as mine 2012 Gen 1 Carbon

8. read the ducati part number and type it into google search "ducati XXXXXXXXX" and it should say what it is.

Worked for me when wrong seat turned up from Ducati Germany.

9. The top one is the comfort seat , the bottom is the original, if your long legged the comfort seat is much better

10. I think you’re confusing the touring seat with the comfort seat -

11. Hi, Sorted it in the end. The seat the dealer sent was a Gen 1 standard seat, and I have a Gen II carbon with the standard seat.

I bought a "comfort seat", tried it once and took it off after first decent ride. A little comfier, but I felt I was sat too high and ruined the handling of the bike.

12. Same here with the comfort seat, hated it right away. Now just have 2 regular seats, 1 with the cowl and one without for when the whip wants to ride with me.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information