1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 What Shocks Fit The 748 916

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by zxrjohn14, Feb 3, 2019.

1. forgive me if i've missed this elsewhere, I've searched and found nothing definitive.

What other shocks fit the 748/9*6?
    Is there a modern Ducacti one that bolts straight in?
    Is there one from another manufacturer that fits?
    I'm after an Ohlins, for my project.

Thanks in advance

2. You can go Maxton,nitron or k tech all very good shocks and better than the original ohlins.

3. i 100% agree.
    i've had much success in the past when racing on K-Tech on a zx10
    Also had much success on the Irish roads with Maxton suspension on a ZXR400 and ZX6R

I'm reluctant to change the look of this project, and thats what it is about... the look, and wondered if anything else is availablke as a lot of the 748 916 items are a bit scabby. i've bought one which is fitted to the bike and shown in my build thread, but its hanging in rust and oxidisation.

4. I think the ohlins du141 was the original.
    The one in my link is I think the modern equivalent

5. ooh @chizel , its agood job i was sitting down!

ok let me rephrase it a little:
    £450 maximum spend
    Must be Ohlins
    Must be good condition

6. You get that you pay for unfortunately

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The one in the link is a lil on the nose ain't It?!!!!!
    I picked up a really good 2nd hand du141 (bout 4 years back mind) for £400 I think it was. You do see em quite often still on eBay. A lot from the states a bit cheaper but same with postage and tax..
    Patience then pouncing is the key.. took 6 months for me to find a really tidy one.

8. Again, I 100% agree with you @cookster , and if i was chasing a lap record around the Ulster GP or NorthWest, I'd be doing exactly what i did before and spending £1200 on a unit and a further £800-£1200 devlopoing it to handle how I want it to and paying Pete Clifford £400 per day on top of all this to be my suspension technician again..........However, a gentle couple of hours to a cafe with the wife and a few friends for a breakfast and back home for a nap, its not that important to me and more about the look of what i want to create.

• Like Like x 1
  9. @chizel yes, patience is the key.
    I just wondered if someone has fitted one from a newer model or another manufacturer.
    ....I'm not very patient :D

10. What I done with mine WP_000489 (1).jpg

11. that looks bloody lovely, very WP.
    Did you do the work yourself?
    did you get the body refinished?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. I might sell my Nitron for the right price if interested!!

13. It is down to how big your wallet is.
    I picked up an Ohlins off ebay that had come off a 996. I sent it off to K-Tech to be serviced and set up for me.
    You will be amazed what a good service can do, especially if it has not been done in a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I sent it to Brooke suspension ( I thought them great to deal with but have since heard some bad reviews) and the have it a service, powder coated the spring and anodized the gas canister .. the rest I painted black myself.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information