1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Size Disc Are You Using For Track Use?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by duc996bp, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Following on from a post I made during the week, assuming your bike could potentially use a 330mm disc who uses something smaller, 320mm for track use? I have since been reading what the SBK and Motor GP have as a choice, depending on circuit, conditions and riders preference they could use 8 or 10 options, less so for SBK.

This all started because I wanted to get some HPK discs for a 1098, for track use. The bike uses 330 as std, I’m now contemplating 320mm instead. Less rotational force, less unstrung weight, easier to remove calliper, and still more than enough breaking force coupled with Z04 pads. Or are the differences negligible for a nob like me to tell the difference?

2. You won't notice weight difference unless you are at least +5 seconds to Redding pace.

The only real world difference is heat dissipation.

I use MotoMaster 6mm discs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok, I thought that might be the case. 320 definitely wins on the convenience side, i.e. removing calliper!

4. I’d say front tyre grip is the limiting factor. If your front end is set up and you’re still getting all swervy at the front under hard braking, disc size won’t improve anything.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information