1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 What To Do 749?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Trickyh, Jul 28, 2017.

1. I have an 04/05 749s with 5k on it which i've owned from new. About two years ago she suffered an intermittent miss on the front cylinder and is currently SORN. I've changed plugs, swapped coil packs, changed ECU and checked the wiring (as much as I can) all to no avail. Since then the belts have got to beyond their use by date and have some Ducati originals sitting in the tool cab ready to fit?

Question is what to do with the bike? Do I nurse her back to life and keep her/flog her on (poss spanner cost at least 1k) Sell her as is as a track bike/project? Or break her for spares and hope to get at least some cash back. I've lost interest in the 749, but my Mrs always threatens to leave me if I even consider selling her on.. ;)

2. Fit the belts.
    Change the multi plug on the front coil. ( they're available on eBay).
    Give it a spruce up and sell it on.
    Or keep it ? And wait for the value to climb and climb!

3. How keen are you to get rid of the wife?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. LOL! We go thru phases.. :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Working on the bike and getting it running might rekindle your interest in her.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. How much would you want for the bike as is?

7. I would be looking at around 3k. Probably pie in the sky, but I would be in danger of losing knee caps if she went for anything less..

I am tempted to have a go at the belts and look for this connector. it sounds like a possible culprit. It definitely seems electrical rather than fueling etc..

8. Bit too salty for me im afraid. I wish you luck in trying to sort it but if you change your mind give us a shout and we can talk.

9. keep it and fix it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information